Dog attack - Ok drivers. What you you do?

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
:censored2:I'm out a $250 deductible this weekend thanks to people not controlling their dog. Dog was OK. Stupid owners were yelling at my wife like it was her fault.

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
Ahh...gotta love people. It's always easier to blame other people than take responsiblity for your actions. Or in this case, inaction.

Also I love when they blame the driver. I hit a dog when I was 19 in my own car, thing just blazed out into the road I was a mess. Felt so bad for the dog, then the owner comes out screaming about how he was going to sue me and called the cops.

Thankfully the cops were on my side and nothing happened. But I still felt bad.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Stupid dog jumped out of owner's jacked up pickup and ran. Owning duo chased dog around to get it and it bolted into the street where wife hit it and totally :censored2:ed up the front facia of our Santa Fe. Dog got up and ran further down the street with owners in pursuit.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Stupid dog jumped out of owner's jacked up pickup and ran. Owning duo chased dog around to get it and it bolted into the street where wife hit it and totally :censored2:ed up the front facia of our Santa Fe. Dog got up and ran further down the street with owners in pursuit.

Junkyard bumper cover?

oldngray

nowhere special
A little duct tape and its good to run.
I hit a raccoon with a Buick Regal and tore up the bumper cover. It wasn't worth the expense of replacing so I duct taped it. The cracked part was underneath where it didn't show.

Tough Guy

The common thing around here is dogs running around in an "invisible fence". I guess there's something in their collars that gives them a jolt if they go beyond the invisible barrier.

Unfortunately the "fence" is the entirety if the front of the house so you can't get the delivery area without going into the dogs roaming area.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
A raccoon can do a lot worse than that. $3600 damage with a destroyed radiator on a new Mercedes. I have a cousin in the autobody business.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I have 2 dogs on my area that run in the road and circle my vehicle. I'm waiting for the day when a car coming from the other direction pastes one of them.