Dogs, Diads, Rain, Drains, Kmart boots.....

TRPLNKL, how did you roll a 500? I mean, I can see how it can easily be done, just wondering how you did it.
Yeah it was pretty easy, too easy.
It was raining, no standing water on highway though. I was going straight down the hwy about 50-55 mph and out of the blue the package car started to slide a little bit to the left. I let off the gas and gently counter steered to the right. Instead of helping though it just got worse, by the time I reached the median I decided there was no way out of rolling so I brought my legs up tight under the front of the seat and held on for the ride. Once the counter steered wheels hit the grass of the median the roll ( more of a flip)started. I think the problem started from a leaking right rear tire but have no way to prove it. I promise you when the "ride" was over, I didn't say" Weeeee that was fun lets do it again"

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
It was raining, no standing water on highway though. I was going straight down the hwy about 50-55 mph and out of the blue the package car started to slide a little bit to the left. I let off the gas and gently counter steered to the right. Instead of helping though it just got worse, by the time I reached the median I decided there was no way out of rolling so I brought my legs up tight under the front of the seat and held on for the ride. Once the counter steered wheels hit the grass of the median the roll ( more of a flip)started. I think the problem started from a leaking right rear tire but have no way to prove it. I promise you when the "ride" was over, I didn't say" Weeeee that was fun lets do it again"

Well, there's your problem. Always steer into the skid. One of the first things we learn up here in the winter.:smart:

kingOFchester

Wow! what did UPS say about that? I FEAR and accident. I know if it happens now I will be done for atleast a year. I take it slow.

drewed

Shankman
Well, there's your problem. Always steer into the skid. One of the first things we learn up here in the winter.:smart:
Yea, didnt sound right, its not conventional thinking but you always turn into your skid or slide then when you get grip back out.

maybe I didn't say it correctly...here is what I did...it's worked for years.
untitled.jpg

Wow! what did UPS say about that? I FEAR and accident. I know if it happens now I will be done for atleast a year. I take it slow.
The accident happened on a friday, on monday morning I went in to see what my fate was. Around 10:00 I had a meeting with the center manager, DM, the union BA and myself. First rattle out of the box they said they intended to terminate me. Then they asked for my description of what happened, I told them basically what I tole here. they sent me out of the room for a few minutes and then came out of the office and said that I would not be terminated but suspended without pay. The BA said we would grieve the suspension for back pay. So at that time I figured that I would get a three day vaca. I started to leave the building but before I got out the door, they all caught up with me and they then offered me my job back without suspension. So then, since all the routes were gone out, I would be off one day without pay. BUT NOOOOO, the center manager told me to clock in and go run off three bulk stops that were in the "whale"...a 24 footer.
One thing that stuck me as very odd, I have been involved in two vehicle accidents about 3 years apart. Both times I was told to go to the company doctor for a urinalysis, said it was mandatory for all accidents. However I know of at least 6 different drivers with accidents between my two and never had a "mandatory" urinalysis.

705red

Browncafe Steward
2 dogs, you let the one dog tear apart the package as you feed the other dog a diad sandwich!

Never ever approach a house without that diad, mailman have mace, we have a 10 pound diad to protect ourselves, swing away, swing away!

rod

Retired 22 years
The accident happened on a friday, on monday morning I went in to see what my fate was. Around 10:00 I had a meeting with the center manager, DM, the union BA and myself. First rattle out of the box they said they intended to terminate me. Then they asked for my description of what happened, I told them basically what I tole here. they sent me out of the room for a few minutes and then came out of the office and said that I would not be terminated but suspended without pay. The BA said we would grieve the suspension for back pay. So at that time I figured that I would get a three day vaca. I started to leave the building but before I got out the door, they all caught up with me and they then offered me my job back without suspension. So then, since all the routes were gone out, I would be off one day without pay. BUT NOOOOO, the center manager told me to clock in and go run off three bulk stops that were in the "whale"...a 24 footer.
One thing that stuck me as very odd, I have been involved in two vehicle accidents about 3 years apart. Both times I was told to go to the company doctor for a urinalysis, said it was mandatory for all accidents. However I know of at least 6 different drivers with accidents between my two and never had a "mandatory" urinalysis.

Sounds like the games they played with me one time for a backing accident. I was given a 2 day suspension that was to be a Wed. and Thurs. They called me on Tuesday night and asked if it would be ok to have Thurs. and Fri. off instead because they were going to be too shorthanded on Wed. That's was a real no brainer- sure I will take a 4 day weekend:happy-very: