Doing away with feeders in hubs that don't produce volume

Gomers1

A total of 54 jobs have been cut/moved/absorbed or whatever the terminology is that the is supposed to be used in Salina!!!!!!!!!!! Not including carwashers,sorters or mechanics!!!!!!!

MoarTape

They did this about 9-10 years ago in NewPA. Went from about 180 runs to about 120-130. I believe we're around the 120 mark now. How many runs/drivers are out of that building?

Tootallhehaw

As of today Salina has 77 runs. We have I think around 98 drivers. Our union has told us of 38 job cuts coming down. 45 day notice if change of service. Gotta remember we are numbers not people to the uppers.

Last edited:

hyena

359d0yp.gif

Brownbutter

Are these drivers being allowed to keep their seniority or are they going to get new building seniority? Do they lose their building seniority but maintain their ups seniority? Is it the same local because it seems like it would be spreading over maybe three locals Colorado Kansas and New Mexico. Are they even being allowed to keep their current jobs?

What happened when they did this and New PA.

I was under the impression when a transfer happened he lost all building seniority

rp3

Terrible accident on 287 between Lamar co and Boise city OK. With one of the freight drivers no word yet if our brother is ok. 287 is a terrible hwy.