Orion-Jobs---Stupidity

HULKAMANIA

It came to my attention last night that in Salina there are going to be numerous drivers that will be out of jobs and or having to move to Lenexa in order to keep their job. As a teamster this should bother EVERYONE! We pay dues into this brotherhood and honestly Im not seeing them doing anything for us anymore.

You might question what Im saying....Heres why I come to that conclusion.

Wasnt the 9.5 one of the major priorities of the latest contract? Yet our 9.5 language is absolute trash! I dont care how you cut it its TRASH! We are working more hours than ever before, and contrary to what THEY want to tell you Orion makes it worse. There is NO WAY working multiple drivers 10-11 hours a day is cheaper than adding a route and eliminating the OT. Its not a proven method and it never will be. Not only is the company paying more out hourly, but more in injuries, damages,..etc...

Orion...OH boy not enough can be said about this huge pile of SPILLED %^$#$#! You will say we are losing those jobs in Salina due to volume. Ok I will give you that. However look at what Orion is doing to our small business base which in whole is HUGE part of UPS' revenue. Whether they want to admit that or not its the truth. We are LOSING businesses and small businesses at an ALARMING rate due to our SORRY service now brought to you by you guessed it ORION.

So how long before union members say enough is enough! The powers that be make these idiotic decisions and WE are the ones that pay for it. NOTHING they are doing right now WORKS my friends. Its only getting worse and will continue to do so. UPS' management has NEVER been good at admitting when they are wrong!

If we were going to lose volume to such an idiotic tool then why didnt we just strike? I mean the company and the IBT knew we couldnt strike cause we would lose too much ground to Fed Ex right? So we fork it over ANYWAY?!?!?! I thought we were suppose to PROTECT THE BRAND??!?! I thought we were suppose to ensure that fellow drivers down the road have a job they can count on?

There is only so far you can go with---Well let them keep doing their stupid stuff and we will just keep collecting paychecks. The well will eventually run dry and it will hang you out to dry with it.....Rant Over...or maybe its just begun I cant tell which!----Frustrated UPS driver OUT

Ron Carey lives on

I take it you had a rough day. Been there. Multiple 9.5 s by multiple drivers in your center, oh and by the way, as 1 of the smartest old stewards said so eloquently " slow the ---- down"

Last edited by a moderator:

bham brown

Orion...OH boy not enough can be said about this huge pile of SPILLED %^$#$#! You will say we are losing those jobs in Salina due to volume. Ok I will give you that. However look at what Orion is doing to our small business base which in whole is HUGE part of UPS' revenue. Whether they want to admit that or not its the truth. We are LOSING businesses and small businesses at an ALARMING rate due to our SORRY service now brought to you by you guessed it ORION.

You are correct.. As I was told by the ORION trainer, " UPS is not concerned with what time they used to get picked up. They don't ship enough pkgs anyway so we're gonna pick them up at 10 a.m. now..Let them leave, they'll be back because we provide better service." He must have been referring to the service before ORION because it sure isn't service anymore. ORION as it is now could possibly cripple this company in the near future..

Ron Carey lives on

You have to work as directed, BUT you should read Article 6 in the National very carefully. Stick to this sometimes we have to make decisions a computer doesn't. No one can be disciplined for trying to make service

Sent using BrownCafe App

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
I for one love Orion. We got it last month. It feels like a weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. I'm no longer responsible for decisions made. I just follow their plan. Last night was the 1st time I've worked 10 hrs in a yr. Maybe finally I will join the 6 figure club in the near future. Now I'm payed to just go to the next stop on the list. It's weird. I like not thinking of where I've got to go. A new direction every day. I do feel for you all who have bricked out loads. There is no way! It is much easier with my able to walk thru my truck all day country route.

Irishman Collins

I would love to know if this "technological change" was ever discussed with the Union. If so why would they agree to technology that is designed to eliminate jobs and increase work loads?

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I was driving every :censored2: day since mid May at this time last year. This year, I don't think I've ran ground since March so far. They say ORION's plan was to "reduce mileage". Left out the little part about reduce routes, reduce jobs, etc, etc. First union meeting after their "summer break" I'm going to be putting on a real :censored2: show about how something like this could never have been touched upon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Irishman Collins

Honestly, I really don't know how it would be possible for Hoffa and Hall to get reelected? There is so much to campaign against them I don't think it is possible to get in all the mistakes they have made.

5habits100

Honestly, I really don't know how it would be possible for Hoffa and Hall to get reelected? There is so much to campaign against them I don't think it is possible to get in all the mistakes they have made.
You forgot your regular campaign rhetoric unsustainable healthcare.

I don't know how Sylvester can think he could get elected after making comments like he did when he thought no one was listening. Calling members clowns and you're ok with it. If Hoffa or Hall said that you would be asking for their heads. He thought Liam messed up his "bigger" plans. The truth is Tim's true colors were revealed when he didn't know he was being taped and he got caught. He thinks he is the next Carey which he is not. He is Tim the one who was busy in Chicago at a TDU meeting while his members were being walked off the job. That's where he'll be if we were unfortunate enough for him to get elected he would be absent. Hoffa has not been perfect and no one is but he has done good for members.

Dr.Brownz

You are correct.. As I was told by the ORION trainer, " UPS is not concerned with what time they used to get picked up. They don't ship enough pkgs anyway so we're gonna pick them up at 10 a.m. now..Let them leave, they'll be back because we provide better service." He must have been referring to the service before ORION because it sure isn't service anymore. ORION as it is now could possibly cripple this company in the near future..

Thats the new flavor in corporate: they all really believe ups is somehow providing better customer service than fedex; a :censored2: from corp gave us a big speech on it a couple weeks ago and insinuated that none of us will have jobs or get paid as much if we dont maintain our standards; I asked if showing up at 8pm at a reaidential was good service; typical management response tries to blame me for that I said how I get what your fantasy numbers say is a 10 - 11 hour day everyday; he then just mumbled something like better work on that before shuffling away and avoiding me the rest of the morning and next day

Spongebob1

I don't know how Sylvester can think he could get elected after making comments like he did when he thought no one was listening. Calling members clowns and you're ok with it. If Hoffa or Hall said that you would be asking for their heads. He thought Liam messed up his "bigger" plans. The truth is Tim's true colors were revealed when he didn't know he was being taped and he got caught. He thinks he is the next Carey which he is not. He is Tim the one who was busy in Chicago at a TDU meeting while his members were being walked off the job. That's where he'll be if we were unfortunate enough for him to get elected he would be absent. Hoffa has not been perfect and no one is but he has done good for members.
Seriously,???
You think Hoffa has been good for the members,....
Have you been on vacation for the last several years,?
Hoffa and Hall are taking this Union backwards, it's been One concession after another concession, are YOU kidding me, please say you are,........
Hoffa and Hall need to go, remember $90. $9. or .9
Or how about :censored2: contracts, or how about a contract being SHOVED down our throats,

Spongebob1

I'll take my chances with Sylvester and Mr.Z, you see I already know what I get with the other two and I don't like it,.........

5habits100

Seriously,???
You think Hoffa has been good for the members,....
Have you been on vacation for the last several years,?
Hoffa and Hall are taking this Union backwards, it's been One concession after another concession, are YOU kidding me, please say you are,........
Hoffa and Hall need to go, remember $90. $9. or .9
Or how about :censored2: contracts, or how about a contract being SHOVED down our throats,
I am serious..........
I am not kidding..........
Hall has not taken our Union backwards.........
Hall has made tough choices........
Choices people you support couldn't make.........
No one shoved anything down your throat......... Or at least I hope not.........

5habits100

I'll take my chances with Sylvester and Mr.Z, you see I already know what I get with the other two and I don't like it,.........
Take your chances, Sylvester and Mr.Z with you somewhere else..........
I don't want them destroying my Union making the Maspeth 250 into the UPS 250,000............

Irishman Collins

Here is what I think, at this time. Both Hoffa, Hall, and Sylvester should just all agree to not run for office. It is apparent at this point that all three do not serve the members well! It is a travesty that their is no one to lead this Union of ours. It is a shame. At this time I am just plain disgusted at them all!

HULKAMANIA

Why aren't 9.5 grievences working in your area.....are you not getting paid out for the excessive ot?

They quit paying out for the 9.5's in my local. When we do file we get pulled into the office and harassed asking us not to file. Always some stupid excuse as to why we shouldn't. To me we shouldn't even be asked not to file. They rake us over the coals not caring about our hours worked, then we file and NOW they care.

Spongebob1

I am serious..........
I am not kidding..........
Hall has not taken our Union backwards.........
Hall has made tough choices........
Choices people you support couldn't make.........
No one shoved anything down your throat......... Or at least I hope not.........

C'mon,......you're kidding, you have been on vacation,

What was done to those locals that voted NO, was a damn shame and you know it, it's been concession after concession,..... Hall is all talk and NO back bone,
and you know it, you sound just like an IBT hofficer,
Keep the negative on Sylvester and off of Hoffa strategy,......most of us can see past the smoke and mirrors..............js