Dolly/Handcart lock cut

Mr Shifter

Both times they were locked at the designated area we have set up for storage.

Supervisors cut the locks of whatever dolly they feel when they need one. A lot of times it's drivers as there are bolt cutters on the wall near the storage area.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Both times they were locked at the designated area we have set up for storage.

Supervisors cut the locks of whatever dolly they feel when they need one. A lot of times it's drivers as there are bolt cutters on the wall near the storage area.

Is there a way that you can secure the dolly in your pkg car?

FeeDerp

Hmm.

If you have the cut locks I'd definitely seek out reimbursement especially if they were allowed to be locked in a designated area.

Funny story, at a previous job some of the drivers had their own pallet jacks, and sups would cut the locks and give them to drivers who absolutely needed one (they didn't want to buy more).

One guy locked his up again and was told to remove the lock so he cut the guardrail it was locked to in the building and slid off the lock and went on his way lol. Alot of yelling after that but since each party had something cut/damaged, nothing ever came of it.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I've had two locks cut recently. How should I go about being compensated. I'm grieving. :/

You may be SOL unless you have permission to lock your dolly.

They belong to UPS and if you did not get permission to lock it up, you may be out 2 locks.

Where I am, the dollies go with the package car, not the driver. One dolly for every package car.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I've had two locks cut recently. How should I go about being compensated. I'm grieving. :/

It's not your handcart to lock up. It's UPS's. They are just reclaiming their property. The same as you putting a Club on your neighbor's Ferrari's steering wheel and pissed because he stole "your" Ferrari.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Are all dollies kept in that container on the side of the building still? Or do some drivers still lock them to the handrails leading up to the locker rooms? If another driver cut your locks, you can't file a grievance against another employee, and unless you saw management actually cut it, I think you are SOL. Dolly? dolly? You don't need no stinkin' dolly, man. lol. The area I had was about 75% residential and I never used a dolly, but a lot of drivers back then used to just seat belt their dollies to the jumpseat. Course we kept pour own cars back then and people didn't just take stuff from you either.

oldngray

nowhere special
A long time ago some drivers would buy their own handcarts that were better than the ones UPS provided. They would lock them up. Eventually UPS said none could be locked which eliminated any drivers wanting to buy their own. The UPS handcarts are a lot better now anyway. Free too.

rod

Retired 22 years
So why is this center have a shortage of 2 wheel carts? Hasn't anyone filed to force management to provide enough of them? Contractually they are obligated to provide all tools needed for the drivers to do the job--------------or has that clause been eliminated too?