Dolly/Handcart lock cut

Overpaid Union Thug

Locked up handcarts are a no go here. A driver does not have the right to lock out a handcart. Regardless of how many thieves they have in their center. Here it's common practice to write the route number on the carts. That way if some runner and gunner prick loses theirs and takes it off the truck the driver can locate it. I'll be damned if I let someone take the cart that I had the OMS order for me and have been taking care of. They will have to find one of the spares that is falling apart because I will be taking the one I have been using back.

trickpony1

It sounds like your center manager is using the old strategy of pitting drivers against drivers.

What's it gonna hurt if handcarts are assigned to each driver(s) and locked up.

Your center manager is doing this just because he can.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
By all the replies we have people on both sides of the topic.
This problem is real easy to solve.
Driver 1 locks his dolly so no one takes it and leaves him with nothing.
Driver 2 cuts the lock because he feels its in his way or needs the dolly.

The solution is, use the dolly and simply put it back where you got it. This way driver 1 always has a dolly and driver 2 always has a dolly. Its that easy. A little common courtesy goes a long way.
You forgot about driver 3 who doesn't care about driver 1 or 2 because driver 4 leaves handcarts at retail stores and they go missing, forcing drivers 5,6,7,8 to scurry around in the evenings like rats looking for cheese they can hide in a spare car, hoping drivers 9 and 10 aren't going to notice they replaced their handcart with a roll of DR bags.

Mr Shifter

Well I told my supervisor of my situation and their response was "if you need a dolly I'll cut you one" did. Not. Care. That I've had 2 locks cut and was ready to continue the cycle.....

Good thing I have a friend who shows up early (a unassigned driver) find mine and hold it for me.

UPSGUY72

The hand carts are UPS property you have no rights to lock them up. Each car should have a hand cart if there is a shortage that is a safety issue your need to talk to your shop steward, center manager and BA about it.