Dominion and Fox News reach $787.5 million settlement in defamation lawsuit

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!
Too many people on both sides tune in not for the news but for entertainment and confirmation for their beliefs. That is how we got to the place where our news is not news anymore it is more commentary for which ever side you want to hear from.

Darmark7

A logical mind should be able to deduce that FOX is entertainment for Conservatives, not news. Carlson, Hannity, Pirro and the rest have no journalistic standards. They are there to tell vantexan what he wants to hear and to prop-up whatever “facts” they require to make it seem true. They are entertainers.
The entire FOX business model is a very profitable fraud pretending to be a news network.
Paying Dominion and probably Smartmatic is just the cost of doing business. Pay no attention to lead FOX hosts like Hannity and Carlson admitting there was no Big Lie and then freaking out that they might lose viewers by not playing along with Trump.
Having a really dumb audience makes it all work.
Amazing.
You are so right. I hope you don’t watch the other MSM “news” channels and think they are any different. To be able to see it on one side while not seeing it on the other side would make one really blind and dumb.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You are so right. I hope you don’t watch the other MSM “news” channels and think they are any different. To be able to see it on one side while not seeing it on the other side would make one really blind and dumb.
I watch them all, including FOX, but at least the others make an attempt at journalism. I also follow Breitbart BTW.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I'm laughing at the MAGA folk that still believe Faux News is telling the truth and those that believe Trump is "fighting for them".
Trump only associates with people he thinks are rich and famous or can help him personally. I can't think of a single MAGA regular citizen who has been to Mar-A Lago except for their hero, Kyle Rittenhouse, who is still trying to evade the summons for the civil suit against him. Probably in Trump's basement with more of the Top Secret documents.

The Trump Tax Plan, lauded by the MAGA faithful, basically only helped the rich and corporations, and added a huge amount to the deficit because a lot of big companies (like FedEx) paid almost zero in taxes. Yep, he's fighting for all of them who belong to country clubs, lead major corporations, or are able to donate big sums to him or patronize one of his business ventures. The NASCAR, single-wide crowd...not so much.

Hey. do you have your Ivana Commemorative Coin Set?? Only $299.99. If you buy his new book, "Letters To The Orange Idiot", you can get BOTH for only $399.99 (plus $75 handling). Made in China and printed in China respectively.

vantexan

A logical mind should be able to deduce that FOX is entertainment for Conservatives, not news. Carlson, Hannity, Pirro and the rest have no journalistic standards. They are there to tell vantexan what he wants to hear and to prop-up whatever “facts” they require to make it seem true. They are entertainers.
The entire FOX business model is a very profitable fraud pretending to be a news network.
Paying Dominion and probably Smartmatic is just the cost of doing business. Pay no attention to lead FOX hosts like Hannity and Carlson admitting there was no Big Lie and then freaking out that they might lose viewers by not playing along with Trump.
Having a really dumb audience makes it all work.
Amazing.
No one claims they're journalists. They give opinions. I'll take Tucker Carlson's opinions over your's anytime. By the way at 6 p.m. Eastern Bret Baier does the hard news. He's a journalist. Don't believe that? Ask all the Democrat politicians who come on to discuss issues with him.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
No one claims they're journalists. They give opinions. I'll take Tucker Carlson's opinions over your's anytime. By the way at 6 p.m. Eastern Bret Baier does the hard news. He's a journalist. Don't believe that? Ask all the Democrat politicians who come on to discuss issues with him.
Then don't call it FOX News. Call it the FOX Show, or The Tucker Carlson Hour. Brett Baier isn't exactly a journalist either. I'm sure he's happy you think he's one.

Next Day Error

X - Other
They all engage in opinion. They don't all get sued for defamation and then, in the course of discovery, be outed for knowingly and cynically deceiving their own audiences for profit. That's just Fox.

You can try to "both sides" this thing all you want but you're wrong.

vantexan

Then don't call it FOX News. Call it the FOX Show, or The Tucker Carlson Hour. Brett Baier isn't exactly a journalist either. I'm sure he's happy you think he's one.
If Walter Cronkite was on FOX you'd sneer at him too. Typical lib, hate what you can't control.

Darmark7

They all engage in opinion. They don't all get sued for defamation and then, in the course of discovery, be outed for knowingly and cynically deceiving their own audiences for profit. That's just FOX

You are so blind! Both sides do the same exact thing. You just approve of one side because it goes with what you want to believe.

Last edited:

Next Day Error

X - Other
You are so blind! Both sides do the same exact thing. You just approve of one side because it goes with what you want to believe.

I never said other media organizations have never been sued for defamation. I said other media organizations have never been caught knowingly deceiving their own audiences in internal communications in an effort not to lose their attention and therefore the profit.

Fox was caught in court discovery knowingly burying the truth about the elections and pretending like what they were reporting was the truth. They lied about a private company and were caught in their lies.

CNN and others have jumped the gun on stories in an unprofessional manner and have paid the price. But they didn't get caught knowingly falsifying the news at the expense of the audience in order to keep their attention.

Hope this helps.

newolddude

The rest of the world gets Sky News from Murdoch.
They need to split Fox News in two.

• The rest of the world gets Sky News from Rupert Murdoch. It's right leaning but doesn't have all the commentators sitting around with their "personality" shows. Bring that to America but wider. (It's available streaming only.)
  • Then have Fox Politics or Fox Show or Fox Commentary. Put the Tucker Carlson, Judge Pirro etc over there

vantexan

They all engage in opinion. They don't all get sued for defamation and then, in the course of discovery, be outed for knowingly and cynically deceiving their own audiences for profit. That's just Fox.

The liberal outlets cover for each other. Look at the behind the scenes going on at Twitter. Absolutely worse than FOX because they were working with the government. Doesn't give FOX a free pass but the liberal outlets flat out refuse to cover anything that makes Biden and Dems look bad. And suppress negative stories before elections. So it's disingenuous to say "at least they didn't do what FOX did."

pkgdriver

Mr Lindell will find us the truth. LMAO You go boy!!!
42C935AD-CC15-478A-91BB-069E853B9F8F.jpeg

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
If Walter Cronkite was on FOX you'd sneer at him too. Typical lib, hate what you can't control.
Nope. Chris Wallace was the Cronkite of FOX News, and they chased him out because he had journalistic integrity and wouldn't peddle the FOX line of BS. Hating on "libs" who actually believe in The First Amendment, the truth, and the importance of getting all the facts.

Last edited:

vantexan

Nope. Chris Wallace was the Cronkite of FOX News, and they chased him out because he had journalistic integrity and wouldn't peddle the FOX line of BS. Hating on "libs" who actually believe in The First Amendment, the truth, and the importance of getting all the facts.
Chris Wallace was a very respected part of FOX for many years. He left because he didn't like Trump. He wasn't chased out. Back when y'all ragged on FOX before Trump came along Wallace had the most respected Sunday morning news show and was ON FOX. And he wasn't shy about saying he was a registered Democrat. What you can't grasp is FOX viewers don't have a problem listening to what a Democrat has to say. We do all the time. We're very against the extreme positions many in the Democratic Party support. And many of us are against some things the Republican Party is for. I don't want to see any war that isn't necessary for our defense. I distrust business people who want to end Social Security. I know a lot of Republicans who feel the same way. I also distrust anyone who gets angry about conservative views being expressed in the media. Anyone who wants to shut down opposition voices isn't really interested in upholding the Constitution.