Don’t Dispatchers Have Better Things to Do?

MassWineGuy

So I was driving my regular route today. No problem with gap times or lates. Doing what I always do. Then, a message comes over my power pad from an unknown dispatcher that I’m late for my targeted clear time.

I replied that my gap times were excellent and that I couldn’t care less about target clear times. My manager told me later that she laughed when she read this.

Do most dispatchers have a clue about what it’s like to be on the road? I know that most were probably couriers at some point. But from their reactions and questions it seems like they live in a bizarro, alternative reality.

I feel very fortunate to have a great manager who backs me up when I’m on the right side of an issue.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
So I was driving my regular route today. No problem with gap times or lates. Doing what I always do. Then, a message comes over my power pad from an unknown dispatcher that I’m late for my targeted clear time.

I replied that my gap times were excellent and that I couldn’t care less about target clear times. My manager told me later that she laughed when she read this.

Do most dispatchers have a clue about what it’s like to be on the road? I know that most were probably couriers at some point. But from their reactions and questions it seems like they live in a bizarro, alternative reality.

I feel very fortunate to have a great manager who backs me up when I’m on the right side of an issue.
Next time ignore the messages. That’s what I do when they send me stupid messages.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American

I always replied that my VTOL* was not functional.

*Vertical Take Off and Landing

Damon77

Even though the system is long gone, we refer to this as a "Clear/Next".

Leave it on Read. No response is necessary.

whenIgetthere

I only respond if it's asking for an ETA, everything else, I ignore.