Donald Trump

over9five

Staff member
Anyone hear any of the recent Trump interviews? Is the guy thinking about a run for the Presidency? He was on Greta last week, and somewhere else today.

He says (basicly) that China will destroy the USA. He would immediately put a 25% tax on anything imported from China. What we have now with China is not free trade anyhow, and this would create US jobs.

I kinda had an impression the guy was an idiot (from that dumb "You're Fired" show), but I liked how he sounded in the interviews.

Comments?

DS

Fenderbender
I'll be honest,I know squat about money or politics.But as a novice,it seems to me that it's possible China has already destroyed a lot of counties.including The US and Canada.In order to rebuild the economy and get back to what we once were.I not only agree to the 25% tax
but would add a 10% or more tax incentive for buying domestic.Yet I admit it's become a habit to take the cheap route when making purchases.
If I go to Canadian tire looking for... say a hammer,I could buy the $12.99 one made in China,or the $19.99 one made in the USA.We need an incentive to keep the jobs local.Let the Chinese own the dollar stores.It will take a long time to ween people off walmart.and believe me,I am as guilty as anyone.I only wonder what the response will be considering the money owed to China.Maybe I am an idiot too,but I think Donald has a good point.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I like Donald Trump (hate his hair style). He did mention to someone he would think about running for office. It makes more sense to have a businessman than a lawyer......at least he knows what makes jobs and what makes money.

He's right about China !!

P

pickup

Anyone hear any of the recent Trump interviews? Is the guy thinking about a run for the Presidency? He was on Greta last week, and somewhere else today.

He says (basicly) that China will destroy the USA. He would immediately put a 25% tax on anything imported from China. What we have now with China is not free trade anyhow, and this would create US jobs.

I kinda had an impression the guy was an idiot (from that dumb "You're Fired" show), but I liked how he sounded in the interviews.

Comments?

Trump is a lot of things, (crook , con artist, etc.) but he is not an idiot. He is right about China. the free market way to correct a trade imbalance
is to let the market determine values of currencies. something china is resisting by artificially dictating exchange rates. If they didn't, the value of their currency would have risen a long time ago relative to the dollar.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

A point not yet brought up is China subsidizes it's major industries which makes it even that much more difficult for US companies to compete. We have a Georgia Pacific mill in town and they are struggling to compete against the China subsidized paper industry.

Trump is not an idiot--arrogant, yes, but not an idiot.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
He might not be an idiot, but he's not someone you want running the country either. He's not a long term planner at all, he's a risk taker who has no problem leveraging the future to pay for today. In fact that's practically his whole business model. When it works out he makes a lot of money, and when it doesn't he files for bankruptcy (which has happened numerous times). And blaming all our troubles on foreigners? That's an old, weak excuse.

wkmac

He might not be an idiot, but he's not someone you want running the country either. He's not a long term planner at all, he's a risk taker who has no problem leveraging the future to pay for today. In fact that's practically his whole business model. When it works out he makes a lot of money, and when it doesn't he files for bankruptcy (which has happened numerous times). And blaming all our troubles on foreigners? That's an old, weak excuse.

Donald Trump is Gene Simmons without the music, bass guitar and makeup!

Well there is the hair but everything else is true!
:happy-very:

A point not yet brought up is China subsidizes it's major industries which makes it even that much more difficult for US companies to compete. We have a Georgia Pacific mill in town and they are struggling to compete against the China subsidized paper industry.

And a good point that is. Another point is the Chinese government doesn't place as many restrictions, fees, tariffs and such on their industrial and agricultural operations. I one man cotton farm in China can make as 10 times the profit 10% as an American corporate farmer. There they can buy the equivalent of Roundup for a few bucks a gallon, the last price I heard for that here was in the neighborhood of $ 60. Kinda makes it hard to compete on the mandatory "world market".

bbsam

Staff member

We subsidize industries as well, China is just more up front about it. China has a vested interest in it's companies succeeding. So do we, but seem to be ham-strung by fears of socialization, China's booming economy be damned.

klein

Für Meno :)
Donald Trumph on the CNN Piers Morgan Talkshow yesterday:

Wow, he has some plans !
He said he'll decide by June if he wants to run for presidency.

Some of the things he said:
-The chinese are the enemy. Add 25% import taxes to all their goods.
- He's a big fan of the military. He would dramatically raise miltary spending.
- Bush was dumb, and invaded the wrong countries.
- Obama as President was the direct after effect of Bush's stupidity.
- The US is now the laughing stock of the world, and he would change that, and regain respect towards America.
- Obama is bleeding to see Palin run against him - She wouldn't stand a single chance !

Anyways, if you have the chance to watch it online.
It's pretty different, alright !

moreluck

golden ticket member
You are probably impressed with shiny things too....like "Cuban Zirconium" (according to Jake on Two and a Half Men)

over9five

Staff member
Let's also get it in the Constitution that the President can't dye his hair like a woman:

images