Don't Be Naive! The Company watches these Forums! Fight back or Perish!

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
My last year, mgmt selected mostly ass kissers to take the ERI. About 20% of the crew. The guys that come in early each day to massage their load off the clock and eat drive through food in the office an hour before start time.

It was a tremendous boost to their overall score, but even with that handicap, they still couldn't pull it out of the ditch.

Ups knows that these weaklings will answer either positive or "hard to decide", which also counts as a positive score. It's hard for these geniuses to decide whether they are union members or mgmt trainees.

brownIEman

My last year, mgmt selected mostly ass kissers to take the ERI. About 20% of the crew. The guys that come in early each day to massage their load off the clock and eat drive through food in the office an hour before start time.

It was a tremendous boost to their overall score, but even with that handicap, they still couldn't pull it out of the ditch.

Ups knows that these weaklings will answer either positive or "hard to decide", which also counts as a positive score. It's hard for these geniuses to decide whether they are union members or mgmt trainees.

That is highly doubtful. If they are still doing it the same way, corporate HR sends a random list generated where no one would have any idea who the kiss ups are, each quarter for the center team to have take the ERI. I highly doubt any management would risk there job by defrauding the system to try to get a few more points on and ERI no one in operations management deeply cares about anyway.

I have no doubt the way you describe it is how many in your center think it's how it goes down. When they moved to the quarterly system there were guys in my center that were totally convinced that is exactly what we were doing. The rumors that get started are always framed to see management in the worst light possible and drivers tend to interpret any observed behavior in a way that supports that worst case view.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I can't reconcile these two posts. If they were so glad to see you go, why in the world ask you back?
you've got too much time on your hands so read every post i ever made here. my center manager liked me and did not want me to retire. he asked me to come back for peak.

get a life.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
That is highly doubtful. If they are still doing it the same way, corporate HR sends a random list generated where no one would have any idea who the kiss ups are, each quarter for the center team to have take the ERI. I highly doubt any management would risk there job by defrauding the system to try to get a few more points on and ERI no one in operations management deeply cares about anyway.

I have no doubt the way you describe it is how many in your center think it's how it goes down. When they moved to the quarterly system there were guys in my center that were totally convinced that is exactly what we were doing. The rumors that get started are always framed to see management in the worst light possible and drivers tend to interpret any observed behavior in a way that supports that worst case view.

In that case, I stand corrected. I should have explained it was a randomly selected anonymous group of mostly the same ass kissers for at least the last three years running that I was there. Thanks for explaining it.

UnconTROLLed

perfection

It's all a game and it's rigged, from the safety committees to safe driving awards to the blah blah etc. There's no reason to believe the ERI is any different. Call me a cynic.

HOWEVER if you are correct, it always seems the best treatment comes from UPS ~3 months before I've ever done it...and then it's the "hey you're doing the ERI, hope you don't forget your supervisors and management team aren't bad!!.."

so that's a +

":D