Don't get sick

XISR

Whatever you do, don't get sick. If you do get sick it behooves you not to saying anything because if you do management will make your life hell. They call it being medically discharged but I call it being fired. Don't bother with the ADA process because it is only another reason for them to "medically discharge you". Am I angry, yes. Can I do anything about it, no. So if you like to eat and keep a roof over your head you may not want to say anything. And Im not talking about a cold or the flu.

542thruNthru

Uh....what??? I love these kind of rants. You wanna give us a little more then dont get sick. I know not the flu or cold but what about a sore throat, ear infection, fever, chicken pox, male pattern baldness?

XISR

I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis in 98. I was doing ok up until 4 years ago. I was in jeopardy of be fired because of occasions so I had to apply for FMLA. Roughly two weeks after I went from 80 stops for an 8 hour day to 155 stops for the same 8 hour day. It has been up hill ever since. I have been told to quit or go out on disability by local management. I have been "fired" 3 times this year alone.

Indecisi0n

I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis in 98. I was doing ok up until 4 years ago. I was in jeopardy of be fired because of occasions so I had to apply for FMLA. Roughly two weeks after I went from 80 stops for an 8 hour day to 155 stops for the same 8 hour day. It has been up hill ever since. I have been told to quit or go out on disability by local management. I have been "fired" 3 times this year alone.

UPS won't take you serious until you get a lawyer.

XISR

I have been fighting for the last 3 years and for one reason or another it always falls apart. This last time I think it's taken a toll on me and I want to give up. That is exactly what I'm doing and I know this is causing me bodly harm but its all I can do at this point.

UPSGUY72

I'm sorry about the condition you have. However, I call BS that your stop count basically double over night. How long have you been working for UPS ? Maybe you should bid a 22.3 job.

Are you still using FMLA when you out ? Your condition can't be that bad as you can still get a DOT card so stand up for your rights. It's apparent that the union has helped you as you have said you have been fired 3 times so far this year ?? As with all stories there is a lot more to this one than what you are saying. I think you need to go and sit down and talk to your BA 1 on 1 and see what they have to say. The last resort is to go see a lawyer however if your going to see a lawyer I would hope you have everything that UPS has been doing to you documented.

XISR

I'm out 1 day every week, I get week long treatments every 2 months or so. 1/2 of the MS medication I can't take because I'm allergic to. I can't pass a field soberity test stone cold sober. Without the heavy meds I take I'm almost bedridden. I have gone from doing stand ups on my R6, being confined to a wheelchair and everything in between.

XISR

On Monday I was told they may have a job for me. Wednesday I was told I was unfit to work based on my ADA request. I had to get a letter stating I was fine to get my job back. So if you want to call BS go ahead. All I'm telling you and all I'm saying is don't get sick.

XISR

About the stop count, I ended up with the most in our building and the guys here saw it. Part of it had to do with pass/Ed and the sorry pathetic management we have here where I am.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
If you have MS, I apologize for any jab I may have taken at you. Good luck with whatever you do. I know several people with MS and they still work at UPS.

XISR

Believe it or not I do have some pride. I would rather do what I'm doing than go out on disability, welfare or be like the EBT swipin pot smokers I deliver to every day.

XISR

the thing is I have my days good and bad. I rate my days according to how many times I fall. I fell twice today so it was an okay day. I know I went in the hole 2 hours but I don't care anymore. Few weeks ago I fell out of the pkg car and that was bad.