Don't Let Pets Starve - Include Pet Food in SNAP Benefits!

rod

Retired 22 years
Either one will survive just fine eating their dead owner when the food runs out.

My dogs regularly bring me birds and squirrels. They chomp them down when I try to take them away so I just let them romp around showing off their catches now.

The dogs I know would starve to death looking at a 50 pound bag of dog food if the owner wasn't there to dish it out. A cat on the other hand would have every cupboard door open and every bag tore apart. :rolleyes:

BrownArmy

The dogs I know would starve to death looking at a 50 pound bag of dog food if the owner wasn't there to dish it out. A cat on the other hand would have every cupboard door open and every bag tore apart. :rolleyes:

Cats will eat you when you're dead, dogs are more sensible.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Humans bred stupidity into a lot of dogs for some reason.
Working breed and hunting dogs typically are pretty intelligent.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Very few things are stupider than a lab puppy. My neighbor has a 6 year old black lab that is dumb as a box of rocks.
Ya I don't know why Labradors are so popular in the US, every one I've known has been dumb AF. Their owners weren't too bright either though.... could be something to that.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

You never met my little Jack Russell.

floridays

Owned both over the years and while dogs are smarter (it's easier to train them to do what we want) but I imagine at least 50% of cats could survive in the wild while less than 5% dogs could survive.
Interesting Butt, a dog is smarter because it can be trained to do what WE WANT
but I imagine at least 50% of cats could survive in the wild while less than 5% dogs could survive.
I never thought of it like that, a dog is smarter because it can be trained to do what someone else wants it to do, but it isn't smart enough to feed itself, but that stupid cat does what it wishes, still is pampered and adored, and can flip it's owner off, and feed itself. After the cat flips it's owner off and enjoys a little freedom and maybe a mouse, it comes back home and the owner is overjoyed because little kitty is home, fluffy is safe, "I better pamper him some more so he won't run off like that." Seriously, dogs are smarter? The interesting correlation is what is the effect of feeding people that couldn't survive but are easily trained to do what other's want. I imagine they don't appreciate liberty and freedom as well.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
... what is the effect of feeding people that couldn't survive but are easily trained to do what other's want.
I imagine they don't appreciate liberty and freedom as well.
Democrats?
Regardless, you can see examples in the Northeast and the big cities of America.
Most of Europe is an example as well.