Don't Let Pets Starve - Include Pet Food in SNAP Benefits!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I like kitty, monkey, ...
Apollo rules the house and yard.

Apollo 1.jpg

floridays

Yep, @cheryl said she was just tired of me and my antics.
I'm really a good person.
My behavior needs some work, I guess.
Well, I'll say you have a great sense of humor, and you behave well, pusillanimous willows are never satisfied unless they engineer total capitulation, and when they do this forum will be a snowflake circle jerk. Sorry if I contributed to your reprimand, will never happen but I believe you'd be a great guy to drink a beer with. Some take themselves to seriously, you're not one of those. Cheers Sir.

floridays

pusillanimous willow doesn't fly anymore Butt. Thanks for the word though. Did your mom ever whip you with a pusillanimous willow twig?
I've had a few welts raised on my calves until I learned to go with the program. @Monkey Butt

vantexan

Owned both over the years and while dogs are smarter (it's easier to train them to do what we want) but I imagine at least 50% of cats could survive in the wild while less than 5% dogs could survive.
Humans changed wild 'dogs' radically via breeding to the extent that domestic dogs are very dependent on humans. If a dog kills something, we tend to kill them out of fear.
Cats took up with humans and humans did not breed cats except for pets.
My cat is able to take care of himself for a week or more being outside. It seems he kills something 2 or 3 times per day.
Which is why feral cats have been hell on the bird population.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Google cats bird extinction. Cats are responsible for the extinction of 33 bird species so far, as well as numerous mammal and reptile species.
Cats Responsible For Driving Many Species To Extinction

Cats – spread around the globe by their two-legged slaves – have been responsible for at least 63 extinctions of mammals, birds, and reptiles.

In what is thought to be the most comprehensive review of extinctions caused by invasive predators, researchers have found that at least 87 birds, 45 mammals, and 10 reptiles have been driven off the planet thanks to the introduction of predatory mammals. Out of all those considered, rodents have actually caused the most damage, followed by those pesky cats, and then red foxes, dogs, pigs, and the Indian mongoose.

rod

Retired 22 years
Seriously, look it up, the bird population has been devastated by cats.

I wouldn't blame it all on cats. Around here eagles, hawks, sparrows, starlings, blue jays, gulls , herons, wood peckers, crows, fox and wolves all kill birds. Its a tough world out there for wild life. Don't forget the Somalies--they eat everything.

rod

Retired 22 years
Those are iguana and they are vegetarians.
Monitor lizards aka Komodo Dragons are restricted to several of the Indonesia Islands.
Nice try though.

We've got winter lizzards around here. They get up to 6 feet long if laid on their side.