Don't Let Pets Starve - Include Pet Food in SNAP Benefits!

oldngray

nowhere special
We've got winter lizzards around here. They get up to 6 feet long if laid on their side.
roasting_27.jpg

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I wouldn't blame it all on cats. Around here eagles, hawks, sparrows, starlings, blue jays, gulls , herons, wood peckers, crows, fox and wolves all kill birds. Its a tough world out there for wild life. Don't forget the Somalies--they eat everything.
Or the Ethiopians like Starvin Marvin, although Sally Struthers (on TV below) helped to feed them (what slipped through her fingers).

giphy.gif
MV5BNzZmODJiMzktMjFkYS00OTZiLWEwMzQtNzlhNjYzNjM1ZjY3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjg0Nzk2Nzc@._V1_.jpg

rod

Retired 22 years
It is estimated that windows kill up to 1 billion birds per year in the U.S.

I've only seen one dead bird below a window at my house. The bird feeder is about 5 feet away so I assume they can't get up enough speed to do anything other than give themselves a good headache because at least 2 or 3 times a day I hear them ramming the window.

542thruNthru

Those are iguana and they are vegetarians.
Monitor lizards aka Komodo Dragons are restricted to several of the Indonesia Islands.
Nice try though.

Very good monkey butt. Though you are correct about Komodo Dragons being restricted to the Indonesian islands. Monitor lizards can be found in many places like Africa, China, Australia and also the Americas.

I'm sure you knew all this but didn't want to confuse @rod who also seems to have never heard of working dogs such a Military War Dogs. :)
Military Working Dog DOgs MWD 24.jpg

IMG_2917.147171809_std.jpg

Attachments

• military-dog-statue-gear.jpg
    military-dog-statue-gear.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 116

Nolimitz

Years ago my BIL accidently locked a stray dog in their cabin. A week later my wife and I went to the house. the dog came running out. The house was destroyed. Fridge was open and :censored2: all over the floor, cabinets were empty of food. the bath room door had a dog size (huge) hole and all the water was gone from the toilet including the tank (water to house was turned off) All the window blinds were trashed from trying to get out. both metal exit doors had to be repainted from claw marks.
I'd like to see a cat do the same.