Don't Want No Beef With Management/Where My Steward At?!

Junkyard Willie

Preloading 4+ years now. Seeing things steadily going downhill. Harrassment, favoritism, nepotism, drivers working off the clock helping everyone load. Everyone's afraid to file grievances. Admittedly, I wouldn't file a grievance on my grandfather either but damn. I ain't got nothin' to lose. This ain't my main gig anyway. Do I need to be the one who steps up and snatches a steward up by the scruff of his neck and demand a pile of grievance forms? First one being filed against him for not spreading the word in a Right-To-Work state. These kids out here ain't payin' diddly in dues because they don't know what a union is, much less what one does. They're "the guys who have to save our jobs when we come back from benders", according to proven legend. What needs to happen here, folks? Do I need to become a steward? Wouldn't bug me a bit...spending an extra hour or so on paperwork to stick it to these fools.

upload_2018-7-20_10-38-2.png

Thanks @Wally

john chesney

Preloading 4+ years now. Seeing things steadily going downhill. Harrassment, favoritism, nepotism, drivers working off the clock helping everyone load. Everyone's afraid to file grievances. Admittedly, I wouldn't file a grievance on my grandfather either but damn. I ain't got nothin' to lose. This ain't my main gig anyway. Do I need to be the one who steps up and snatches a steward up by the scruff of his neck and demand a pile of grievance forms? First one being filed against him for not spreading the word in a Right-To-Work state. These kids out here ain't payin' diddly in dues because they don't know what a union is, much less what one does. They're "the guys who have to save our jobs when we come back from benders", according to proven legend. What needs to happen here, folks? Do I need to become a steward? Wouldn't bug me a bit...spending an extra hour or so on paperwork to stick it to these fools.
Maybe they know you won’t file a grievance. If they say good morning to me I file one

542thruNthru

I want to give advice but I feel this is just another troll thread.

gorilla75jdw

Yes , you do need to become a steward . However you also need to know the language of the contract , and past practices. If these young folks will truly listen to your voice , by all means preach to them . Go see your business agent at your local union hall and start the process of becoming a steward .

Junkyard Willie

Ain't trollin'. Ain't jivin'. Looking for solid advice on what to do to get everyone on the same page and stop kowtowing to management. C'mon...quit playin'.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Ain't trollin'. Ain't jivin'. Looking for solid advice on what to do to get everyone on the same page and stop kowtowing to management. C'mon...quit playin'.
A Wallation:

Please understand, my posting is indeed serious in nature, and by no means is it an attempt at jocular pursuits.

My goal is to get my Union brothers and sisters on the same page in terms of our struggle with mangement. Continued subservient behavior towards management is not a long term answer.

Please reflect on the above issues.

Thank you.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
It depends how much self respect you have?

Junkyard Willie

If you got beef than bring the ruckus because the BC clan ain't nothing to :censored2: with!

LMGMFAO!!! If you say so. But it's like I told my triflin' Uncle Tom :censored2: supe Friday, "Don't push me, 'cause I'm close to the edge. I'm tryin' not to lose my head".

It's like a jungle sometimes. Makes me how I keep from goin' under.