Dont want to quit.

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
Hey I thought so too! But she told me they no longer recognized it... it goes for a few countries in the EU as well. Ironically enough, she's recognized as a citizen in 4 different countries now!

Again....interesting. I'll have to remember to ask my uncle about this next time I see him. I'm fascinated by the law. I'll bet the U.K. is on that list of EU nations and has been for a long time. I've never met anyone--other than an American--that was so touchy about their citizenship. Another of my fascinations is cultures. I don't understand enough about British culture to have an intelligent discussion about this, unfortunately :sad-little:. -Rocky

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
Again....interesting. I'll have to remember to ask my uncle about this next time I see him. I'm fascinated by the law. I'll bet the U.K. is on that list of EU nations and has been for a long time. I've never met anyone--other than an American--that was so touchy about their citizenship. Another of my fascinations is cultures. I don't understand enough about British culture to have an intelligent discussion about this, unfortunately :sad-little:. -Rocky

I think it comes down to Island mentality. The UK is a small country, it would fit inside california, theres hundreds of years of pride and love for our king and country. Once a British Citizen always a British Citizen even if we were to renounce it and give up our passport to another country we would be welcomed back (no one would ever do that). If America hadnt of got involved in WW2 we would all be dead because we would fight to the finish ,men, women and children all. You may laugh and not believe this but I know when there are other Brits around me I can smell em (not in a bad way) a mile off and point them out in a crowd. My wife and kids trip out sometimes when I point at people from a distance and say "I bet they`re Brits" Im always right on the money. OK so now everyone thinks I`m a weirdo lol I`m gonna shut up now .

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
"As far as the young woman, I would not give up my American citizenship. Uh-uh....NOT happening. " -Rocky

so you would do exactly what I have done and retain your own citizenship if you were in my position. why is it Ok for you to retain your citizenship abroad but not for me ? I think you ought to take your first comment back

ROFLMAO.....Blackbox, I told you British subjects are touchy about their status!!

UK-Guy....excuse me while I roll on the floor laughing for a few minutes. After that, I say you go back to the UK. You don't belong in the United States of America. I love the Brits but this attitude is offensive. You want to come to AMERICAN shores, enjoy AMERICAN freedoms BUT you don't want to follow AMERICAN laws OR become an AMERICAN citizen?? GET OUT!!!!!!

I'm sure I'll get flamed for this OR get a slap on the wrist from a moderator but this attitude isn't respectable. -Rocky

whats good for the goose should be good for the gander

LV_TSC

Going Green!
Dude, I'm an American and I hate this effin country.... too many people effed it up. Tick tock til the day I get a different citizenship and move out....
Healthcare boils down to this.... if you can't take care of yourself and your body - you deserve to die, quit looking to the government to solve your problems - PUT DOWN THE BIG MAC, FATTY.
My issue is with the environment first - then education.
Environment isn't a US thing IT'S A WORLD ISSUE.
My America-Hate issue is with education, BIG TIME.

Quite frankly, I feel that a UK accent brightens up the place... STAY! STAY!

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
Dude, I'm an American and I hate this effin country.... too many people effed it up. Tick tock til the day I get a different citizenship and move out....
Healthcare boils down to this.... if you can't take care of yourself and your body - you deserve to die, quit looking to the government to solve your problems - PUT DOWN THE BIG MAC, FATTY.
My issue is with the environment first - then education.
Environment isn't a US thing IT'S A WORLD ISSUE.
My America-Hate issue is with education, BIG TIME.

Quite frankly, I feel that a UK accent brightens up the place... STAY! STAY!

you guys have an accent to me lol

LV_TSC

Going Green!
So I've heard. Avoid the south. I hate southern accents... I cringe every time I get a call RR 04.
I'm what's referred to as... ACCENTLESS... it's mostly west coast people... PAC NW who speak... I don't know - normal?

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
so you would do exactly what I have done and retain your own citizenship if you were in my position. why is it Ok for you to retain your citizenship abroad but not for me? I think you ought to take your first comment back

:::Sigh::: UK....you first assume I would fall for a foreign girl. You secondly assume that I would leave the nation of my birth. Let me tell you this....the chances of these are like a snowball's chance in h*ll.

I will not take back my first comment. I wouldn't leave the United States to begin with. I'm very happy right here, even with all of our problems. If I DID leave, it would be on a job transfer situation with a rotation timetable back Stateside. Its my understanding your employer does this quite regularly with management. They get moved to Germany for 2 years and then get sent back to the States. I'd be OK with this. What you've done is an entirely different situation.

What I will take back is my 'taking advantage of' comment. -Rocky

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
So I've heard. Avoid the south. I hate southern accents... I cringe every time I get a call RR 04.
I'm what's referred to as... ACCENTLESS... it's mostly west coast people... PAC NW who speak... I don't know - normal?

Now, now....Southern accents are not as bad as the Northeastern accents! Ughhh....I have a hard time understanding people from Boston in particular lol :happy2:.

And I can't stand people from the Northwest. They seem to lack any kind of a sense of humor, never mind a personality. Their accent doesn't strike me as any different from Midwesterners. -Rocky

LV_TSC

Going Green!
That's quite hilarious - I just read that the "Smartest City" in the United States was Seattle - but they are snobby as hell....

maybe there's a balance of stupidity to keep a sense of humor?

Midwesterner... haha CHI-KAH-GO

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
:::Sigh::: UK....you first assume I would fall for a foreign girl. You secondly assume that I would leave the nation of my birth. Let me tell you this....the chances of these are like a snowball's chance in h*ll.

I will not take back my first comment. I wouldn't leave the United States to begin with. I'm very happy right here, even with all of our problems. If I DID leave, it would be on a job transfer situation with a rotation timetable back Stateside. Its my understanding your employer does this quite regularly with management. They get moved to Germany for 2 years and then get sent back to the States. I'd be OK with this. What you've done is an entirely different situation.

What I will take back is my 'taking advantage of' comment. -Rocky

Theres a big wide world out there just waiting to be discovered man, you say your fascinated by other cultures but are you not intrested in seeing for yourself how they live ? theres more to life than the USA man you should broaden your horizons a bit, you may even have a good time .
fact 95% of europeans have a passport as apposed to
20% of Americans

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
Theres a big wide world out there just waiting to be discovered man, you say your fascinated by other cultures but are you not intrested in seeing for yourself how they live ? theres more to life than the USA man you should broaden your horizons a bit, you may even have a good time.

Valid point. As a matter of fact....my intention is to explore Europe next. I've seen most of the things I'd like to see in the United States and I've always been fascinated by history, of which Europe possesses in great quantities. Here's my thought....the U.K. for a week in December 2010, a couple days each in Spain and France with Italy rounding out trip one. The next trip would probably be the early Fall of 2011. I'm not quite ready to nail down any timetables on that one but I'm thinking northern Europe (Nordic countries and maybe Switzerland). I dunno....all in the dream stage right now :happy2:.

fact 95% of europeans have a passport as apposed to 20% of Americans

Is it really that high? Huh. Then again, I guess that makes sense given how close together foreign nations are. And I'm among the 80% of American citizens that don't have a passport. Since I have yet to travel outside the country, this is why. I'll probably get one in '09, though. The James Taylor song "Mexico" has gotten me thinking about a week there lol :happy-very:. When you've got a foot of slow falling and snow blowing in your face, that song becomes a mantra! LOL. Rocky

stringerman85

Theres a big wide world out there just waiting to be discovered man, you say your fascinated by other cultures but are you not intrested in seeing for yourself how they live ? theres more to life than the USA man you should broaden your horizons a bit, you may even have a good time .
fact 95% of europeans have a passport as apposed to
20% of Americans

Yeah but dude European countries are the size of our states! You drive 50 miles in each direction and you're in a different country, So of course they have passports. Now how many of those people actually leave Europe? And by the way, just a couple years ago Americans did not need passports to enter Mexico and Canada.

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
That's quite hilarious - I just read that the "Smartest City" in the United States was Seattle - but they are snobby as hell....

maybe there's a balance of stupidity to keep a sense of humor?

Midwesterner... haha CHI-KAH-GO

I heard something about Seattle's literacy rate and/or its libraries recently. Quite impressive stats but NOT impressed by the city. The people I met up there were pretty nice. I don't care for the ones I've worked with, though. No personality and/or dull. Maybe its the dreariness up there...:happy2:

As far as the Midwest......I grew up there and lived in Chicago for 20 years. The day I left, I was on a United jumbo destined Denver. I passed out in a moving vehicle for the first time 20 years. I HATE THE MIDWEST!!!! -Rocky

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
Valid point. As a matter of fact....my intention is to explore Europe next. I've seen most of the things I'd like to see in the United States and I've always been fascinated by history, of which Europe possesses in great quantities. Here's my thought....the U.K. for a week in December 2010, a couple days each in Spain and France with Italy rounding out trip one. The next trip would probably be the early Fall of 2011. I'm not quite ready to nail down any timetables on that one but I'm thinking northern Europe (Nordic countries and maybe Switzerland). I dunno....all in the dream stage right now :happy2:.

your gonna need more than a week to get those 3 countrys in dude theres to many things to see. It takes the good day to see the vatican and the sistene chapple your gonna need a week in France the louvre the eifal tower notra damm (excuse my spelling) chateuax de trudance moulin rouge arc de triumph you need the whole summer