DOT physical

Box_Junkie

Yep, got violated by the local company doc today.... All must be well he signed the card. The doc we have here is a pretty decent guy with a sense of humor. Today he advised me to switch from beer to scotch whiskey,....Weight must be up slightly.:happy2: Ran into a guy I know from high school outside. He was working for a place that does flood damage repair and smoke damage repair, and apparently has a company truck he drives. He seemed nervous about the urine sample part of the physical as he said he smokes doobies from time to time. He said he has stopped for a couple weeks now. Hes a scrawney guy so he may have a chance. Felt bad for him, I would hate to find out he lost his job in these times over some freakin pot. This got me thinking, I don't smoke so I never even thought twice, but does that urine sample we pkg. car drivers give get tested for drugs or just diabetes? I used to smoke with my friends, but quit when I started UPS and haven't looked back I ain't risking this job for nothing!:smart:

LiL"Comet"

No its not tested for drugs just health issues, which is so crazy that drvrs are not tested (besides tdp random). You would think everyone would be tested regardless but were not. What surprised me the most is when being hired there was no drug test.
Can you imagine how many people would loose their jobs if everyone across the board was tested.:surprised:

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
The DOT physical is a joke as far as physicals go. The urine sample is just to check for diabetes, not drugs. Too bad, we had a driver about ten years ago who died from an overdose. Nobody had a clue he was having problems.

Cementups

Box Monkey
My big excitement from teh physical has been taken away. They even reach up your shorts anymore and tell you to turn and cough. Now they check for hernia right along the waistline. the most action I get in 2 years and they took it away. Jerks!!!!

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I hate it when Dr. Longfinger snaps on the glove and wants to get in touch with your inner self. The worst part is when you notice that both of his hands are on your shoulders.....:surprised:

chev

Nightcrawler
I hate it when Dr. Longfinger snaps on the glove and wants to get in touch with your inner self. The worst part is when you notice that both of his hands are on your shoulders.....:surprised:
:surprised::surprised: Doc prefers the big toe, eh? :biting: Oh wow. both feet on the floor. I guess that only leaves one option. :wink2: Just grin and bear it. This will all be over in a minute.
Now where is that pituitary gland? I know it's up there somewhere.....

Last edited: