dow 23000

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Yup. I’m up 12.5% YTD
Looks like the wife is up about 20% on the year. No idea where mine is. Her statement happened to come in the mail yesterday. Add that growth to her contributions this year and it looks like she's up about 55k on the year.

Probably more than I've made lmao

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
If you are contributing 10% and are only getting a 10% return you are basically breaking even.
You are equating 2 different values as if they were the same thing.

That's the Golden Question, right there. I pulled out months ago and missed out on a lot of this uptrend. It's just too spooky for me now.
Trying to "time the market" is a fools errand unless you are in charge of say a $10 billion fund and can actually influence the market. Take a look at dividend investing. Its a lot less stressful.

We are due for a correction. Does that correction become a recession is the million dollar question.
I like how you are thinking. If we get Tax Reform there's going to be some crazy speculation. Hell one of the apps I have ran an article about the possibility of Apple buying Ford! If US Corps are able to repatriate money on the cheap I think the market is going to go sky high. I think if we get the Estate Tax removed We'll see a short term dip as (and IF) Charitable Trusts get dissolved and the money goes to the heirs. I think if Tax Reform falters in any way we will see a major correction in the short term as a warning to DC. Kind of like what we saw for 2 days right after Obama won his second term. I missed that chance but have dry powder waiting for this possibility.

the cooler

You are equating 2 different values as if they were the same thing.

Trying to "time the market" is a fools errand unless you are in charge of say a $10 billion fund and can actually influence the market. Take a look at dividend investing. Its a lot less stressful.

I like how you are thinking. If we get Tax Reform there's going to be some crazy speculation. Hell one of the apps I have ran an article about the possibility of Apple buying Ford! If US Corps are able to repatriate money on the cheap I think the market is going to go sky high. I think if we get the Estate Tax removed We'll see a short term dip as (and IF) Charitable Trusts get dissolved and the money goes to the heirs. I think if Tax Reform falters in any way we will see a major correction in the short term as a warning to DC. Kind of like what we saw for 2 days right after Obama won his second term. I missed that chance but have dry powder waiting for this possibility.
Tax reform is getting pushed into next year