dow 23000

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Don't beat yourself up. I give you a lot of credit for saving. Go online and so the questionnaire. It may help you choose a better mix
Imagine if I was putting it in the right :censored2:.

upload_2017-10-16_20-4-6.png

Faceplanted

The s&p 500 is an easy way to make money when young. When I was young I did 50/50 with my 401k and Roth 401k. I split them between the 500 and the bright futures with a very late end date. Bright futures is more and more agressive the later the date says

Now iv diversified into real estate. I have a rental and my own house that I pay 2x the principal on both. My wife has another house in her name that is rented. I figure that with no mortgage, we can basically live off the rent income with both of the rentals paid off. This is without even factoring in a pension.

I made a 40% increase in 3 years with a prior fixed upper I bought and sold during the slump/gain in real estate. My current properties were both purchased 3/4 years ago. Houses are getting to an expense point currently that makes me worried about another slump. Currently I would not buy a "rental" as an investment.

Last edited:

bbsam

Staff member
Just trolling, gawd you're easy!

Sorry to get you all riled up. And @bbsam , just one more thing.....

#bestpresidentever !
Not at all. Actually think the conservative agenda would fly through with less drama than with Trump. But then you wouldn't have the speculative bubble and the market would be more rationally valued.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Don't beat yourself up. I give you a lot of credit for saving. Go online and so the questionnaire. It may help you choose a better mix
Their calculator assumes I'm going to be making this sh*y part-time, mid-progression pay until I retire. It's not taking into account that my income is going to double in a couple years.