dow 24000

bbsam

Staff member
you can only put in 18500, it just went up 500. Where do you get 24000 from
That could be. I may be rembering the numbers incorrectly.

So how does the tax break of 2400 relate to the $18500? I admit that I only maintain a passing curiosity to terms like "tax break, tax credit, tax deferred, etc".

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
That could be. I may be rembering the numbers incorrectly.

So how does the tax break of 2400 relate to the $18500? I admit that I only maintain a passing curiosity to terms like "tax break, tax credit, tax deferred, etc".
i think you can only claim so much on your taxes, like the other guy said, when you do the before tax thing on your 401k, you can claim some of that on your taxes

bbsam

Staff member
if you take the top rate down 1 percent the rich will get a tax break. They have more money so the 1 percent would be bigger for them. However it isnt the rate, it is the deductions they get.
But if you lower the marginal rates across the board, the rich get even more.

They get the tax breaks for each and every income level up to the top.

Jkloc420

But if you lower the marginal rates across the board, the rich get even more.

They get the tax breaks for each and every income level up to the top.
the point is they make so much any type of break evrn 1 percent looks huge

bbsam

Staff member
i think you can only claim so much on your taxes, like the other guy said, when you do the before tax thing on your 401k, you can claim some of that on your taxes
So going from $18500 down to $2400 is a big deal. The idea of putting money in a 401(k) is that the taxes are deferred and therefore the income from interest is vastly increased. T

bbsam

Staff member
the point is they make so much any type of break evrn 1 percent looks huge
I don't think so. The point is that income up to certain levels is taxed at different levels. So a person getting tax breaks gets them at every level.

Jkloc420

I don't think so. The point is that income up to certain levels is taxed at different levels. So a person getting tax breaks gets them at every level.
lets say tge top rate changes to 37 percent, and you have 200000 in that bracket