dow 26000

rickyb

My residence is my lifestyle. All the other houses are for income. But boats serve duel purposes. You should get a van with a unicorn on it.
if capitalism was actually sustainable, and served everyone as well as it serves you, i wouldnt really have a problem with it.

but 50% of families are poor, so i gotta problem

if capitalism was actually sustainable, and served everyone as well as it serves you, i wouldnt really have a problem with it.

I bought Vegas real estate and LVS with UPS wages. From 09-13. At the time there was a Canadian on here telling me how stupid I was.

vantexan

We've talked about it before. Want to see poor people? America's poor are doing ok compared to the poor in many countries.

rickyb

I bought Vegas real estate and LVS with UPS wages. From 09-13. At the time there was a Canadian on here telling me how stupid I was.
well first of all you make enough money to do that kind of thing, and then secondly youre business savy.

so thats a 2 part problem when applied to the broader economy.

BrownArmy

No, but do you really expect there will never be poor?

?

Outcomes?
Hygiene?
Test results?
Genetics?
Posture?

Sorry, that was too easy, I assume you mean 'poor people', in response to my post.

Uhh, there will always be poor people on the planet, and some of them will be here in America, but I'm just not sure it's a useful metric to say that poor people here in America aren't that poor, because, you know, Drnkyurpisistan has more poor people. That's an invalid comparison.

This is why 'wrong' is wrong about basic education...

vantexan

?

Outcomes?
Hygiene?
Test results?
Genetics?
Posture?

Sorry, that was too easy, I assume you mean 'poor people', in response to my post.

Uhh, there will always be poor people on the planet, and some of them will be here in America, but I'm just not sure it's a useful metric to say that poor people here in America aren't that poor, because, you know, Drnkyurpisistan has more poor people. That's an invalid comparison.

The poor in America are much better off, even without the safety nets in place. It is a valid consideration to compare what a poor person has here as opposed to elsewhere. Beware those saying they're going to end poverty, etc. Been promising that for decades but have never come through. Meanwhile many of our poor enjoy things that can only be imagined elsewhere. Perspective.

floridays

?

Outcomes?
Hygiene?
Test results?
Genetics?
Posture?

I don't think I've ever seen a more piss poor response, it was full of dodge's (not cars or trucks.) I would pick it apart, but the substance of my critique would be discarded and someone would ask
@Sportello
Why are you such an ass?
For that reason i'll just give you an friend.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
So @Jkloc420 , is it your belief that if the Fed did not raise rates, that inflation would remain under 2%?
it was under 2 percent for 2 years without raising rates. When I said it was not there, I meant it was under the feds target. There is a natural 1 percent that is usually always there

bbsam

Staff member
it was under 2 percent for 2 years without raising rates. When I said it was not there, I meant it was under the feds target. There is a natural 1 percent that is usually always there
Well if the Fed is not to raise rates to keep inflation down, at what number should they raise them to bring them down? 5%? 8%? The Fed looks at the economy and trends when making decisions. They aren’t there to make sure growth is at 4 to 5%.