Dow 28000

rickyb

You are in a death cult.
The world is not ending, the government will not save you. You brag about being lazy, then complain you're poor. You need to grow up.
i work almost 40 hours a week and do school. thats not lazy by my standards.

you have different beliefs than me which are wrong.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
wrong there are forces bigger than ourselves at work here. how does a whole gen have a lower standard of living that previous?
Because they are younger!
My generation was much poorer than my parent's generation until my generation reached the age of my parents at the point of original comparison. Not richer by much but our life expectancy is longer.

bbsam

Staff member
Top 10% make better decisions in life than the bottom 90%.

I lived well below my means for 30+ years (until I turned 55) and in fact, I still do.
Plan and buy stock and quit splurging on things you can't afford.
Typical Gen X & Y think they should be able to live the life of their parents without 'sacrificing' in their early years.
Your generation runs deficits.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
these days people cant even afford the basics because of stagnant wages and inflation in things like housing and education.

Almost every millenial has a smartphone. MANY of which cost upwards of 1K USD.
Get outta here with that "can't afford" crap.

Let's use the phrase "chose not to afford".

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

obama-phone-entitlement-program-fraud-abuse-liberals-free-stuff-democrats-liberals.jpg

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
these days people cant even afford the basics because of stagnant wages and inflation in things like housing and education.

The Cold Hard Truth is "It's all about choices!"
Living with the choices I made.

bacha29

Because they are younger!
My generation was much poorer than my parent's generation until my generation reached the age of my parents at the point of original comparison. Not richer by much but our life expectancy is longer.
Can you show me an American generation born in the 20th century born more destitute than the WWII generation?