Dow 28000

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Here are your own comments DIDO. So let me help you out here. Now we all heard loud and clear the estimated 33 trillion number. At the same time little attention was paid to a number equally deserving of the same attention. The estimated cost over the same time period of healthcare under the current system is 44 trillion.

At the same time many if not all plans to cut healthcare costs involves cutting payments to providers. It might get away with this for a little while but that's just it ....only for a little while.

The thing you guys at UPS whether your brown shirt or while shirt especially white shirt need to keep in mind is that when you leave the company you're leaving not as a retiree but rather you at that point become a "legacy cost" . A catchy little way to describe the fact that you're not making money for them anymore and that so called "legacy cost " to a considerable extent means healthcare costs to the company for retirees.

Now what is the one area where companies have publicly stated is the area where they are hell bent on reducing expenditures ? You got it...."legacy costs"

Think it can't happen to you. Just take a look at what Fat Freddy's doing over at Fedex. He knows that few if any Ground contractors provide their employees with anything at all in the way of employer funded benefits. The few who do provide benefits are more often than not cheap little "bronze" standard plans that pay at best about 60% of billed claims along with a hopelessly underfunded little 401K .

Seeing what they're doing Fat Freddy has set out not to cancel his own employees benefit plans , that would be very bad PR. Instead he's set out to completely dismantle it piece by piece over a span of several years and most importantly......do it quietly .
Good post but unfortunately nothing I didn’t already know and understand.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Here are your own comments DIDO. So let me help you out here. Now we all heard loud and clear the estimated 33 trillion number. At the same time little attention was paid to a number equally deserving of the same attention. The estimated cost over the same time period of healthcare under the current system is 44 trillion.
Basically everyone who looks at the plan she released has said she made the numbers up, that she is essentially lying.

Lying Lizzy's common core math cannot make Medicare for all work, everyone's taxes would go up drastically.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
It’s simply illustrative. For evangelicals, we’re talking little more than a tithe.

Now maybe you can stop thinking in terms of impossible.
So your plan is to confiscate an additional ten percent of everyone's income on top of what the government already takes.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Market opens at new all-time highs for all three indexes ... DOW, S&P 500, NASDAQ!

Thank you Trump!

I can't stand all this winning!
Yes I can!
DOW - 27,686.73
S&P 500 - 3,095.66
NASDAQ - 8,469.97

tenor.gif

Last edited:

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Market opens at new all-time highs for all three indexes ... DOW, S&P 500, NASDAQ!

Thank you Trump!

Yes I can!
DOW - 27,686.73
S&P 500 - 3,095.66
NASDAQ - 8,469.97

Just wait until Warren gets the dimwit nomination. The possibility alone of her policies would hit the markets hard.

Last edited:

newfie

Thank you Trump!

Yes I can!
DOW - 27,686.73
S&P 500 - 3,095.66
NASDAQ - 8,469.97

tenor.gif
damn beat me to it :) my apologies to all my doom and gloom lib friends