DQ'd From Integrad...

Dragon

Package Center Manager
It simply doesn't......it is barely relevant to driving the Package Car
upload_2018-3-16_17-36-33.png

What about this gem...are you for or against using the methods or only when you feel like it...

Retiree

You ever tap your hoen in your personal vehicle when you out it in reverse? I've caught myself doing that a few times.

Even my wife backs into the garage or pulls through parking spots while shopping. She honks as well. She can handle that Toyota Sequoia like a UPS driver. LOL

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
The Five seeing habits should be common sense when your driving , how can you not use them in your own vehicle or even teach them to your kids !

I DQd Integrad today. I know the driver drill, TIMM, and commentary like the back of my hand, but spitting it out while driving isn't possible for me. The other guy that was riding with me WAS able to spit it out, constantly tailgated people, had incorrect distances, rubbed curbs, didn't put his parking brake on at red lights, rolled into the intersections and didn't check his mirrors...JUST BECAUSE SAID LEFT CURB CLEAR, LEFT MIRROR CLEAR, LEFT CURB CLEAR, etc. better than me, he passed. I failed despite the fact that I was able to completely demonstrate the methods, but could not verbally communicate every thing that I was doing while doing it. I was a peak driver last year and to this day I still use the methods just out of pure habit when driving. It's just a bit irritating that you get DQ'd for a full year, while most other people get to sit in class on site and not have to worry about the harder stuff. I did learn a lot that I wouldn't have, had I gone to the easier class, but the fact that people can pass the on road just by spouting stuff off, but not actually using the methods shows me there's a HUGE flaw with that system.

Boston25

Failed driver commentary drill (I don't speak like a homicidal robot when I drive) and they said I can't become a driver for a year and that I'll have to go back to integrad if I want to become a driver.
A driver I know says: "I know someone in Chicago(Jeffstreet) that can get you a swing driver job right away."

I'm just wondering if anyone has had these random loop-holes, opportunities to get around these random rules about becoming a driver. I have 10 years part-time seniority and really never want to experience integrad ever again, it was horrible corporate brainwashing not driving school.
Yes UPS tried to DQ me from driving for failing an integrad computer training test. O'Brien forced the company to put me on the road.

Fuzzy Brown

Failed driver commentary drill (I don't speak like a homicidal robot when I drive) and they said I can't become a driver for a year and that I'll have to go back to integrad if I want to become a driver.
A driver I know says: "I know someone in Chicago(Jeffstreet) that can get you a swing driver job right away."

I'm just wondering if anyone has had these random loop-holes, opportunities to get around these random rules about becoming a driver. I have 10 years part-time seniority and really never want to experience integrad ever again, it was horrible corporate brainwashing not driving school.

They throw a lot at you and it can be overwhelming but it doesn’t mean you can’t do it, now that you’ve had a taste of it you’ll be better prepared next time.
In the mean while try to do a PT driving job like air or air exception it will be less stressful and you can gain some experience.

The only problem is, since I went to integrad and failed, in order to become ANY type of driver, I have to go back to Integrad no matter what I try to drive for. I dqd for TCD, so I'll be going for full time as soon as there's a spot available. On the plus side, I'll be making sure I keep the 5/10s memorized verbatim and practicing pre-trip until I go again. That way I can JUST focus on on-road while I'm there too.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

For the record, I also hate that driver drill stuff. For our yearly space and visibility ride I hate when the on road wants me to do that crap. The last 2 rides I had, the ORS did the driver drill himself and didn't ask me to do it thank God. I hear it's even a bigger deal in feeders to do the driver drill, so I guess I better get it down in 15 years lol. I can rattle off 5 seeing habits, 10 point commentary, 8 keys to slips and falls, 5 backing rules, and 8 yard control rules just like the Terminator. But screw the driver drill.
I can’t remeber any of that crap since training. Luckily when they quiz us they put us in an office with all of it posted on the wall.

LOL, if only at Integrad they allowed us to be where they could be seen. 5 seeing habits: Everything has to be VERBATIM. 10 point commentary, only the headers have to be VERBATIM but you have to be able to paraphrase the definitions. Although through repeating them to yourself about 50 times each, your paraphrase is mostly verbatim.