DQ'd From Integrad...

rod

Retired 22 years
Other than the 5 seeing habits which are a very good thing and I still use to this day I never memorized anything else. I still back into a parking spot most of the time. It must just be an old habit because when we meet once a month for retired UPS guys breakfast the parking lot at Perkins is filled with backed in pickups.

AlliSeeisBrown

Other than the 5 seeing habits which are a very good thing and I still use to this day I never memorized anything else. I still back into a parking spot most of the time. It must just be an old habit because when we meet once a month for retired UPS guys breakfast the parking lot at Perkins is filled with backed in pickups.

In our hub parking lot you can definitely tell who is a driver and who is not from this point alone.

summersaltstains

Failed driver commentary drill (I don't speak like a homicidal robot when I drive) and they said I can't become a driver for a year and that I'll have to go back to integrad if I want to become a driver.
A driver I know says: "I know someone in Chicago(Jeffstreet) that can get you a swing driver job right away."

I'm just wondering if anyone has had these random loop-holes, opportunities to get around these random rules about becoming a driver. I have 10 years part-time seniority and really never want to experience integrad ever again, it was horrible corporate brainwashing not driving school.
So glad I didn't have to go integrad. My driver school was super easy. Just know DOK verbatim and drive a stick in a circle around the building. Yet still 70 percent of the class found a way to fail. One of the guys had failed integrad before and they sent him to the old school second time around and he passed with flying colors. Hopefully they let you do the same.

barnyard

KTM rider
It must just be an old habit because when we meet once a month for retired UPS guys breakfast the parking lot at Perkins is filled with backed in pickups.

I delivered to a house the other day, both cars were back in, husband and wife were both outside waiting for the package. Me, "So, do one of you work at UPS??"
Them, "No, why?"
Me, "Backing in is a classic UPS driver thing to do."

And where they live, it is the safest thing to do. I told them that and suggested that they were smarter than the average bear to figure that out on their own.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
My intregrad was a two mile ride through town with out stalling , hitting anyone/ thing , then a three day sheet writing school
Then Monday -Wednesday a sup ride , that was it , all good kids like milk , here’s. A map and the keys , don’t friend up kid , get going !!
lol

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^@Gumby @oldngray @UpstateNYUPSer @scratch @Future @over9five @rod and many more I’m sure can agree with this and most likely trained the same way

The first time I went out was in a P-600 in Downtown Atlanta where the Olympic Park is now. It was an elevator route of thirty-story buildings off Marietta Street for people familiar with Atlanta. My supervisor was a Day One Employee when UPS came to Georgia. Own his first day with UPS he had six stops that covered North Georgia. He said he would find the city on a state highway map and look for the local fire department to find the addresses. No jump seat or seatbelt on the passenger side, he stood all day and hung on the handrail. All Good Kids Love Milk covered just about everything.