DRA will be the death of express

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Idiots? Really? I would be willing to bet that any one of my drivers could take an Express route in their area and run it perfectly on day one hitting every commit time given only a manifest and the commit time for each stop.
:lol:

Uh, I doubt that.

MAKAVELI

Idiots? Really? I would be willing to bet that any one of my drivers could take an Express route in their area and run it perfectly on day one hitting every commit time given only a manifest and the commit time for each stop.
:lol:

Uh, I doubt that.
You would think if this was true we would see a big influx of ground drivers switching over to express. That's just not the case and the majority that have tried, failed and not lasted very long.

bbsam

Staff member
You would think if this was true we would see a big influx of ground drivers switching over to express. That's just not the case and the majority that have tried, failed and not lasted very long.

why? I swear to God you guys hate Express far more than I have ever seen a Ground driver hate Ground. Y'all don't really hold any attraction that I can tell.

bbsam

Staff member
So do I. Me thinks someone has an inflated sense of their capabilities.

if we can straight line 130 stops I think we can handle 90 with time commitments. I think what has you puzzled is that we are able to find such competence at a fraction of what Express pays it's part time courier force.

MAKAVELI

why? I swear to God you guys hate Express far more than I have ever seen a Ground driver hate Ground. Y'all don't really hold any attraction that I can tell.
I would say the attraction would be the appearance of better pay and benefits. But most newbies including any former ground drivers quickly realize the pay is not worth the work and abuse. Now on the flipside, there is no way in hell I would work for ground.

bbsam

Staff member

That might be because of the ridiculously militaristic management style employed by Express. I find that to annoy more than anything.

bbsam

Staff member
I would say the attraction would be the appearance of better pay and benefits. But most newbies including any former ground drivers quickly realize the pay is not worth the work and abuse. Now on the flipside, there is no way in hell I would work for ground.
I doubt you could handle it anyway.:)

MAKAVELI

So do I. Me thinks someone has an inflated sense of their capabilities.

if we can straight line 130 stops I think we can handle 90 with time commitments. I think what has you puzzled is that we are able to find such competence at a fraction of what Express pays it's part time courier force.
You still have no clue. Just throwing a number out there shows how ignorant you are. Many factors go into how our routes are run and number of stops. From stem time, rural or city, density, bulk, time commitments of 8:00, 10:00,10:30, 12:00, 3:00, 4:30, 7:00, sameday oncall pu with 1 hour windows and return to building times. Your 130 straight line in my area would be easy peasy compaired to what I do.

bbsam

Staff member
You make no sense at all. Any of my drivers who have been around for the last 5 to 8 years could easily handle an Express route. That's simple logic. If Express can take someone off the street and put them behind the wheel with DRA and have them perform in a few weeks, imagine what happens with somebody who already has the route knowledge. Don't oversell yourself on the jobs difficulty level.

MAKAVELI

You make no sense at all. Any of my drivers who have been around for the last 5 to 8 years could easily handle an Express route. That's simple logic. If Express can take someone off the street and put them behind the wheel with DRA and have them perform in a few weeks, imagine what happens with somebody who already has the route knowledge. Don't oversell yourself on the jobs difficulty level.
Do you really think that is happening right now? I don't know what reality you live in, but throw a newbie on my route with dra and they couldn't do half of what I do. A computer program just can't do what most of us can that have been on their routes for years. Until their technology can catch up and think on the fly, it's just the blind leading the blind.

bbsam

Staff member
What I think is that you are probably easily replaceable and I think you know it and are somewhat worried about that fact. You hate it, you hate the company for making it so, but deep inside you know that the company believes it.

MAKAVELI

What I think is that you are probably easily replaceable and I think you know it and are somewhat worried about that fact. You hate it, you hate the company for making it so, but deep inside you know that the company believes it.
What I believe is that Fred S will stop at nothing to gain more power and $ billions. If that means treating the people that work for him as subhuman, then so be it. And I believe you subscribe to the same philosophy. If that gives you self worth and happiness in life then I feel sorry for you and your family.

fedupped

BBsam is a rt owner. He is doing very well..now. You are the guest Fred invites over to mow the yard. Things will change. Watch. You have a good business relationship with the Fedex corp. But, like any vendor, you can easily be replaced. You know, not being an employee, as reaffirmed by the recent New York decision.. Trucking crazy: FedEx guts bill that would have aided drivers - NYPOST.com
.. Enjoy! I'll order up some of those route manifests for you and your employees.

STFXG

BBsam is a rt owner. He is doing very well..now. You are the guest Fred invites over to mow the yard. Things will change. Watch. You have a good business relationship with the Fedex corp. But, like any vendor, you can easily be replaced. You know, not being an employee, as reaffirmed by the recent New York decision.. Trucking crazy: FedEx guts bill that would have aided drivers - NYPOST.com
.. Enjoy! I'll order up some of those route manifests for you and your employees.

Do you know the difference between a court decision and a bill?

fedupped

Do you know the difference between a court decision and a bill?

Where did you see court? Anyway, when the bill becomes law as expected, Fedex last minute exclusion will reaffirm that ground are non-union independent contractors and thereby entitled to ..uh..nothing. There happy? You win!!! Yeahhhh. You're so smartttt.