Drive deduction

542thruNthru

Well
Smart enough and experienced enough to not trust the IBT with anything more than my membership dues. I don’t want even a penny of my hard earned money spent on politics on my behalf. I’d rather allocate that money myself. Mainly because the rest of the “principles” and legislation that gets tossed around D.C. these days by liberals, and some RINOs, go against my own and The Constitution.

I’d rather throw money at causes that I feel are better for the country as a whole in the long term. Even in spite of my job.
Well to my knowledge it's illegal to use dues money for political campaigns. So not trusting is much different than not having facts and spreading misinformation.

Now unless you can show me otherwise. Which could be possible. I ask that you stop being Facebook and spreading misinformation. :)

Overpaid Union Thug

Well

Well to my knowledge it's illegal to use dues money for political campaigns. So not trusting is much different than not having facts and spreading misinformation.

Now unless you can show me otherwise. Which could be possible. I ask that you stop being Facebook and spreading misinformation. :)
I’m not aware of dues money being illegally diverted to non union/UPS specific ventures. But that is a common accusation that is made. D.R.I.V.E. funds , on the other hand, are directly and indirectly allocated to people and causes that hurt the country and, as we witnessed recently, the very workers they claim to fight for. If they ONLY went towards promoting legislation that ONLY addresses workers rights amd working conditions, and weren’t attached to other legislatio, I’d possibly be down for it.

If this were Facebook, which I don’t currently have, my posts on this topic would have been “fact checked” as false or “missing context” based on the fonts of the letters being one size too small. LMFAO.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!

Some will disagree but remember companies have millions of dollars to waste on legislation against workers. DRIVE helps us counter act that.

I give $5.00 a week. When I first signed up I didn't know what it was and was giving the $2.00 a week like everyone else that didn't know. Now that I know I increased it and never looked back.
I gave $50 bucks a week

I have donated close to $50,000 to DRIVE this year.
My annual goal is 100k

I gave $50 bucks a week

I have donated close to $50,000 to DRIVE this year.
My annual goal is 100k
Z9QlOAiDmxM1KF6Kh0.gif

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Odd how that money all seems to go to one party. But they are Independent. Right? It says so in their name.

My Local definitely supports political candidates that support labor. Party affiliation doesn't matter.

They go through an interview process before even being considered. Most members might not realize that

half of their D.R.I.V.E. contribution goes to their own Local and the other half goes to the IBT. So donating

can have a direct effect in your City/State region.

oldngray

nowhere special
My Local definitely supports political candidates that support labor. Party affiliation doesn't matter.

They go through an interview process before even being considered. Most members might not realize that

half of their D.R.I.V.E. contribution goes to their own Local and the other half goes to the IBT. So donating

can have a direct effect in your City/State region.
The problem is they continue blindly support candidates that are all talk but no action in supporting union workers. Except for public employee unions which are a completely different animal. And the Democrats know they can count on that automatic support. Even if it screws the union members.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
The problem is they continue blindly support candidates that are all talk but no action in supporting union workers. Except for public employee unions which are a completely different animal. And the Democrats know they can count on that automatic support. Even if it screws the union members.

Can't disagree with that.

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!
Odd how that money all seems to go to one party. But they are Independent. Right? It says so in their name.
That‘s why I went to the trouble of getting out of DRIVE. I seen all the push towards one side and that side did not have my values. If DRIVE is helping who you don’t want to win why would you put any money into it? But if you agree with whom they are helping then give as much as you can.

Darmark7

I think most people get into DRIVE not really understanding what it is for and think “it’s only a few bucks” so by the time they do figure it out they will not go to the trouble to get out because “it’s only a few bucks.” When I finally realized what was really going on and then finding out it wasn’t that easy to get out of I knew I had to get out ASAP. Especially when you realize that it seems the whole thing is deceptive to get everyone no matter your party affiliation to give then put the funds towards one party. That was enough for me to go to the trouble to get out!

Last edited:

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Absolutely. Though I bet he signed something walking in and didn't even realize it.
We used to get a black DRIVE ballcap when we signed up. We called it "The $52 Hat". It got to where DRIVE was mainly giving to people I voted against so I went down to the Local and dropped out. The lady at the hall told me I was selfish and just another entitled UPS driver.

Darmark7

United Way !
I stopped giving to that also. When anything gets as pushy as the United Way campaign has gotten at UPS (contribution form handed to you with your name on it) I’ll be dammed if I am going to fall for that pressure and give money. But these tactics work for most people so they will keep using them.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
A lot of people at my hall look down on UPS members like they aren't real Teamsters.
Back when I joined in the mid-'70s, Local 728 that covered Georgia was mainly freight lines, UPS members were really in the minority. For a year or two, we actually broke off and had our own Local 928. Somehow we went back into 728. somebody didn't like us having our own Local. Now the opposite is true, a lot of those freight lines went out of business and UPSers seem to make up most of the Local. We do have a Local 528 that covers a lot of warehouses and their drivers like grocery chains and waste management drivers.