Drive deduction

Back when I joined in the mid-'70s, Local 728 that covered Georgia was mainly freight lines, UPS members were really in the minority. For a year or two, we actually broke off and had our own Local 928. Somehow we went back into 728. somebody didn't like us having our own Local. Now the opposite is true, a lot of those freight lines went out of business and UPSers seem to make up most of the Local. We do have a Local 528 that covers a lot of warehouses and their drivers like grocery chains and waste management drivers.
The freight companies didn't like UPS because we paid less into the pension funds than what they did at the time

El Correcto

god is dead
Whats the two dollar "drive" deduction on my pay stub?
You’re basically paying for your own enslavement to the federal government.
I’d cut all donations and lecture the next local official that tries to get you to donate that you only give money to Donald J Trump and that democrats are evil scumbags.

El Correcto

god is dead
Every little bit counts.

Look at prop 22 in CA. The highest ever spent on a prop. Uber,Lyft, Amazon and Instacart were the highest contributors. Over $200 million spent to make it so their workers could stay contractors and not employees. Think pro worker unions have that much to spend?

Funny thing is all the promises before the vote have now disappeared and now there is supposed to be a strike lol.
Proposition destroy Lyft and Uber. Wonderful idea comrade!

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!
what’s this $600 deduction for taxes? , where the friend* does my tax money go to

tax this , tax that , holy friend*
🧔✊
The Biden administration aims to spend millions of dollars to cover the cost of lawyers for migrants who have illegally entered the country.

Just the latest ways your money is being wisely spent for the things you love. This is just one reason we know this is the most popular president in history. That‘s why 81 quad zillion people voted for him.

Darmark7

Here is the form I got to stop the deductions from coming out of my check for DRIVE.

Union Drive.jpg

This is what I had to write in a letter after they didn't stop the deductions to finally get the deductions to stop.

To Whom It May Concern:

I am sending this form straight to you because I did as instructed 2 months ago and gave a form to Rothman to sign and forward to you. The instructions said it could take 4 to 6 weeks to have the deductions stop coming from my paycheck. It has now been 8 weeks so I figured the form never got any further than Rothman. This process should not be this difficult. It sure wasn’t this hard to get the money taken out of my checks.

When I signed up years ago I asked how to cancel if I ever wanted to cancel out. I was told all you had to do was call your local union. They didn’t say that then the local union would send you a form so you can then get it to the local union’s officer so that then he could hopefully get it to the National Drive. I think if most people knew this they would be reluctant to join, which is probably why it isn’t told in the first place.

Thanks so much for you help,

Last edited:

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Here is the form I got to stop the deductions from coming out of my check for DRIVE.

View attachment 346727

This is what I had to write in a letter after they didn't stop the deductions to finally get the deductions to stop.

To Whom It May Concern:

I am sending this form straight to you because I did as instructed 2 months ago and gave a form to Rothman to sign and forward to you. The instructions said it could take 4 to 6 weeks to have the deductions stop coming from my paycheck. It has now been 8 weeks so I figured the form never got any further than Rothman. This process should not be this difficult. It sure wasn’t this hard to get the money taken out of my checks.

When I signed up years ago I asked how to cancel if I ever wanted to cancel out. I was told all you had to do was call your local union. They didn’t say that then the local union would send you a form so you can then get it to the local union’s officer so that then he could hopefully get it to the National Drive. I think if most people knew this they would be reluctant to join, which is probably why it isn’t told in the first place.

Thanks so much for you help,

OK.

How much do you donate to United Way ?

Darmark7

OK.

How much do you donate to United Way ?
If you go back 1 page you can see my response to that also but I will copy and paste from a page back for your ease.
"I stopped giving to that also. When anything gets as pushy as the United Way campaign has gotten at UPS (contribution form handed to you with your name on it) I’ll be dammed if I am going to fall for that pressure and give money. But these tactics work for most people so they will keep using them."