Driver apprentice....Is FedEx in need of CDL drivers?

Rlm65

I don’t think Walmart hires new drivers, but I could be wrong. There is a Walmart DC in the next city over from me...I used to work there a few years ago throwing boxes

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Just because you weren't man enough to do it, don't think it can't be done. I did it for almost 30 yrs. Passed 15 or so DOT physicals, the Haz Recurrency test every 5 yrs. and drove those trucks that scared you over every kind of road imaginable. Ulcers and stress are for puzzys like you. When you hate what you are doing and aren't qualified to do the job, stress and ulcers will be the result.

I went pt for a while and then retired. Try again puzzy
Liar!!!

What happened to your “sweet deal” three day a week FO route? Like this trucking gig you supposedly had, it never existed. BS artist.

WannaBeFeeder

From what I’ve read, it seems like ups feeder is one of the most difficult positions to attain in the trucking industry. Is that true?
It is .... and one of the easiest jobs to be fired from lmao we have had 15 guys fired for “ stealing time “ this year

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
From what I’ve read, it seems like ups feeder is one of the most difficult positions to attain in the trucking industry. Is that true?
If waiting on a seniority list is hard, then yes. But it's not hard to obtain at all in the sense of competition or qualifications and prerequisites. Just a pain in the ass and not worth banking on your turn coming around.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
What do you mean LTL site?
Get off this site and apply for jobs. Absolutely everyone is hiring with no experience. We don't want to hear excuses. We hired girls straight out of truck driving school that used to work in a daycare. The jobs are out there.

Ope sorry

Also looking to getting Haz-Mat endorsement too. But I’ve applied at the local beverage distributors in my area and never heard anything from them. Also applied to foodservice and they said I need more experience. After that I was left wondering how a guy is suppose to get a start in the industry. Then after doing research I found information about the dock to driver programs offered by the big LTLs. Only problem with that is that it seems that that’s for guys that don’t have a CDL. Also I’m not looking to go OTR and be gone for weeks at a time, that’s just not for me.
The driver apprentice program is three weeks. If you pass that you be a city or road driver depending what you applied for. When started as a city driver I didn’t see much dock time but every terminal is different.

Rlm65

Yes I agree. I don’t want to be in the business of hoping I want to be in the business of doing. Also tbh I’m not interested In doing package handler or home delivery type jobs I want to run with the big dogs

Rlm65

Lol I hear ya. But I’m not making any excuses, just getting some perspective from experienced guys that have the knowledge. I’ve been working dead end jobs for the past ten years and want to make a sound decision on a company and career that I can stick with for a long time. I don’t think that there’s anything wrong with that. If I upset you or something I’m sorry