Driver arrested for Felony Dui

Cheesypurpletees

One of our rpcds was recently arrested for Felony DUI and child abuse after wrecking vehicle with children in the car and blowing over .08. Luckily kids are ok…

Haven’t seen this before at our building, I wonder their chances of termination? Or even the next steps from here on out

MECH-II

🧔‍♂️✊
One of our rpcds was recently arrested for Felony DUI and child abuse after wrecking vehicle with children in the car and blowing over .08. Luckily kids are ok…

Haven’t seen this before at our building, I wonder their chances of termination? Or even the next steps from here on out
You’re gone man I’m sorry , I know alcohol is “LEGAL” but now it’s destroyed your life.

shoulda been a stoner 🤷‍♂️

✊🧔‍♂️

PPH_over_9000

Hey guys! So i've been around for a little while but this question sure makes me feel green as a mother fluffer:

What's the difference between a felony DUI and a misdemeanor DUI? Grievous bodily harm, maybe? Or even child neglect/endangerment?

idk, I'm just curious. I honestly don't think I've ever heard anyone make the distinction between felony and misdemeanor DUI before. It just always seemed like a straight up scarlet letter, regardless of the literal charge.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
Hey guys! So i've been around for a little while but this question sure makes me feel green as a mother fluffer:

What's the difference between a felony DUI and a misdemeanor DUI? Grievous bodily harm, maybe? Or even child neglect/endangerment?

idk, I'm just curious. I honestly don't think I've ever heard anyone make the distinction between felony and misdemeanor DUI before. It just always seemed like a straight up scarlet letter, regardless of the literal charge.
I think it varies state by state. Usually felonies are after multiple other offenses within a period of time. Or if you're drunk driving with kids in the car...yah most likely felony in every state.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.

DUI with all those enhancements, over .08, kids in the car, crashed= Felony DUI

Cheesypurpletees

You’re gone man I’m sorry , I know alcohol is “LEGAL” but now it’s destroyed your life.

✊🧔‍♂️
I was waiting for this comment lol…I’m just wondering if I’ll be moving up in seniority, if I had actually been the drunk dummy I’d be too embarrassed to bring it up to anyone aside from my lawyer

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

Gotta be extra special to show up to a driving job drunk. Wonder what goes through a cops head when he thinks he has to give a breathalyzer to a UPS guy. We have a proactive management team, a couple years back our team won the Super Bowl and we had a ton of call offs. They texted me early asking if I was coming in and I said yes, then they asked me if I was safe to drive.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
Gotta be extra special to show up to a driving job drunk. Wonder what goes through a cops head when he thinks he has to give a breathalyzer to a UPS guy. We have a proactive management team, a couple years back our team won the Super Bowl and we had a ton of call offs. They texted me early asking if I was coming in and I said yes, then they asked me if I was safe to drive.
We are fortunate at my center, maybe 4 or 5 guys even drink at all. But there is one guy (younger driver) who calls out often, and some days I question his sobriety. Good kid, just needs to stay away from the bottle. I try and talk with him, but he's single and no one at home to hold him accountable.

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member

✊🧔‍♂️
1695091972333606.gif

Appvol

How could the company fire him if he wasn’t on the clock. When I was part time we had a driver get a DUI not while working. He had to come in work the part time shift for awhile

TSB

Yeah, I'm a road hog
Nowhere in the OP does it say he showed up to work drunk. If you are going to write fiction at least give a disclaimer at the beginning of your post.

PT Car Washer

How could the company fire him if he wasn’t on the clock. When I was part time we had a driver get a DUI not while working. He had to come in work the part time shift for awhile
Every year we have one or two delivery drivers lose their license for drunk driving. Once in a great while we will have a Feeder driver work inside until they get their license back. Used to make them work in housekeeping cleaning the building but lately they have had to work the sorts. I think they have up to a year to get their license back. Seldom have any repeat offenders.

Cheesypurpletees

I think it’s the felony child abuse enhancement charge that could cause the termination. Maybe I’m wrong, but I imagine the liability and image to keep a “professional” driver with those kind of charges could be a warranted discharge

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
We got an air driver in our building waiting trial for 5 counts of second degree exploitation of a minor 😵‍💫
He’s not allowed to operate package car while pending trial. It’s been almost a year since the arrest.

nWo

There's a decent chance he will keep his job. We have multiple drivers with DUIs. And a good attorney could get that DUI reduced to a non moving violation.

PT Car Washer

I think it’s the felony child abuse enhancement charge that could cause the termination. Maybe I’m wrong, but I imagine the liability and image to keep a “professional” driver with those kind of charges could be a warranted discharge
I would agree if he was driving a school bus. Liability and image? Have you seen the delivery drivers UPS has hired recently?