Driver backpack essentials?

247spies

Just finished integrad for seasonal driver position. Looking for advice on what the bring in my backpack. I'll be delivering in the Maryland area. Thanks.
When I had a bid route I always had an extra pair of shoes and socks and a rain jacket left in a mail tote in the car. After stepping in a deep puddle in the am and spending the day like that, lol you learn..

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
When I had a bid route I always had an extra pair of shoes and socks and a rain jacket left in a mail tote in the car. After stepping in a deep puddle in the am and spending the day like that, lol you learn..
How come you don’t have a bid route any longer?

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
How come you don’t have a bid route any longer?
People can vacate them if they'd like. Also technically certain extended time off forces you to lose your route in some situations although I doubt the company or union or fellow drivers would choose for that to happen once they come back.

Steamer

In the past I have kept some of these and in an extra DIAD pouch hanging somewhere in the cab or back of the truck. I quit doing that years ago because cover drivers are theiving scumbags or won’t replace supplies that they exhaust. All of these things are something I had needed at one time in the past and did not have. My list looks like an awful lot but it really isn’t. It all fits nicely in a standard size the 5.11 Tactical backpack With plenty of room to spare.

Extra shirt/shorts or pants
Change of socks
Wet wipes
Hand sanitizer
Small but bright flashlight with extra batteries
WD40
Extra pens
Extra info notices
Extra hat
Small first aid kit
Extra contact lens and travel size solution
Eye drops (I use my contact solution)
Neosporin
Advil or Tylenol
Battery charger
Knife or box cutter (If you already carry a pocket knife pack an extra one anyway)
What do you use WD40 for? I carry it for the DIAD holder pins. Instead of beating the pins down when they are caked in dust. It fixes them 90% of the time if someone else hasn't ruined them.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Lunch.

A backpack might as well be a pocketbook? Man up.
I brought a little playmate cooler every day with my lunch and drinks, I had 2 extra pens, a couple of extra stylus also. I always had packing tape in my truck and dog biscuits. Period

Carrying a backpack is feminine
-Wally
fOds1qZie4qMU.gif
QyyXv4Djm5Vp7JgvXv.gif

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
That sounds like something a management person would say.

Who are you to dictate.... what others need.... to complete their day ?
Do what you want, but historically men always travel light. These guys look as if they are doing 2 weeks on the Appalachian Trail?