Driver backpack essentials?

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Did you ever step in snow it was deeper in your boots and you had a little bit get inside?
I wore the LL bean boots in snow weather.
7849C5F9-B1A4-4614-B6BB-C31B8BF9AE70.jpeg
Rookie

Overpaid Union Thug

What do you use WD40 for? I carry it for the DIAD holder pins. Instead of beating the pins down when they are caked in dust. It fixes them 90% of the time if someone else hasn't ruined them.
These old trucks on country routes accumulate allot of dirt and ride on allot of bumpy “roads.” Dirt gunks up lots of parts that we need to be clean. Like the bulkhead door tracks and the spring rods that pull the door open. Also lube the door hinges. I use actual contact cleaner for the cradles pens.

Steamer

These old trucks on country routes accumulate allot of dirt and ride on allot of bumpy “roads.” Dirt gunks up lots of parts that we need to be clean. Like the bulkhead door tracks and the spring rods that pull the door open. Also lube the door hinges. I use actual contact cleaner for the cradles pens.
Gotcha. Same here for county roads. Our mechanic said WD40 is what he uses on the cradle pins as well. Just a small squirt and they are like new again for weeks.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Do what you want, but historically men always travel light. These guys look as if they are doing 2 weeks on the Appalachian Trail?

I get it.

When I started in pkg I carried everything in a small zippered bank bag.

As time went on, I needed a small gym bag (which I left in my locker overnight) with things like:

An extra hat and coat.

Pens and delivery notices.

A small first aid kit. (if you haven't bled or needed a bandaid.... you're not a real driver)

And gloves. Nothing crazy. A couple of bungee cords come in useful.

Always packed my lunch.

Did you ever step in snow it was deeper in your boots and you had a little bit get inside?

I did pack one thing most drivers wouldn't.

2LMF4_AS03

Cheap comfort on rainy days or keeps your boots dry in the slush and snow.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I get it.

As time went on, I needed a small gym bag (which I left in my locker overnight) with things like:

An extra hat and coat.

A small first aid kit. (if you haven't bled or needed a bandaid.... you're not a real driver)

Always packed my lunch.

2LMF4_AS03

Band aids were a staple, also crazy glue for split skin that bled in the winter.

I get it.

An extra hat and coat.

Always packed my lunch.

2LMF4_AS03

Always Wear your rubbers