Driver backpack essentials?

Vedder357

Just finished integrad for seasonal driver position. Looking for advice on what the bring in my backpack. I'll be delivering in the Maryland area. Thanks.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Just finished integrad for seasonal driver position. Looking for advice on what the bring in my backpack. I'll be delivering in the Maryland area. Thanks.
DEA981FB-7D16-4BCE-995A-5976F8B2A0B5.gif

if you're working out of the center on ardwick admore rd i would pack a hand gun in my back pack.. SE DC and the surrounding maryland area is ghetto af. trust me, i worked out of that center one time.

Overpaid Union Thug

In the past I have kept some of these and in an extra DIAD pouch hanging somewhere in the cab or back of the truck. I quit doing that years ago because cover drivers are theiving scumbags or won’t replace supplies that they exhaust. All of these things are something I had needed at one time in the past and did not have. My list looks like an awful lot but it really isn’t. It all fits nicely in a standard size the 5.11 Tactical backpack With plenty of room to spare.

Extra shirt/shorts or pants
Change of socks
Wet wipes
Hand sanitizer
Small but bright flashlight with extra batteries
WD40
Extra pens
Extra info notices
Extra hat
Small first aid kit
Extra contact lens and travel size solution
Eye drops (I use my contact solution)
Neosporin
Advil or Tylenol
Battery charger
Knife or box cutter (If you already carry a pocket knife pack an extra one anyway)

Last edited:

opie

2 half inch wrenches to tighten your mirrors. One socket, and the other one a combination with open and closed ends.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
In the past I have kept some of these and in an extra DIAD pouch hanging somewhere in the cab or back of the truck. I quit doing that years ago because cover drivers are theiving scumbags or won’t replace supplies that they exhaust. All of these things are something I had needed at one time in the past and did not have. My list looks like an awful lot but it really isn’t. It all fits nicely in a standard size the 5.11 Tactical backpack With plenty of room to spare.

Extra shirt/shorts or pants
Change of socks
Wet wipes
Hand sanitizer
Small but bright flashlight with extra batteries
WD40
Extra pens
Extra info notices
Extra hat
Small first aid kit
Extra contact lens and travel size solution
Eye drops (I use my contact solution)
Neosporin
Advil or Tylenol
Battery charger
Knife or box cutter (If you already carry a pocket knife pack an extra one anyway)
Not sure how I did it for over 30 years with just a cup of coffee
If it was gonna be hot I’d bring a cooler jug of water