Driver coming back from feeders .

rocket man

Just bid and won a new route 2 weeks ago..

Problem is that the previous driver got laid off from feeders so he shows up 2 hours before start time helps preload load the truck and takes my route out.
Start time is not untill 9 he is out of the building at 8:20 the latest. Of course management love him for showing up and working off the clock and don't tell him anything.

Do I go to the union and file a grievance or what's the best way of solving this situation ?

Poop Head

Judge me.

Problem is that the previous driver got laid off from feeders so he shows up 2 hours before start time helps preload load the truck and takes my route out.
Start time is not untill 9 he is out of the building at 8:20 the latest. Of course management love him for showing up and working off the clock and don't tell him anything.

Do I go to the union and file a grievance or what's the best way of solving this situation ?
Show up earlier than he does and take the truck out first

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Here if you are "feeder cover" meaning you have not gained seniority in feeders, but may work in feeders for months at a time when feeders doesn't need you, you go back to your bid run in package.They can not bid it out. Now if you gained seniority in feeders and you go back, you're the lowest unassigned package driver and get to pick up the garbage. Most laid off senior feeder drivers just go back to do reload stuff like Fueling, car wash as they are far to out of shape let's say to deliver.
I’ve never seen a feedah driver out of shape ! What the hell are you talking about ! !!!!
Pass me a donut will yah !

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
Besides Supplements, you would want to read the Feeder work rules for your location.
Here, a driver can retain his/her package route for 180 calendar days following qualification in Feeders. Work your package route one day and the 180 day period starts over. Go back after this expires and you slot into the swing (cover) driver position based on your seniority and can bid on any open routes but not bump anyone with an existing package route.

The feeder drivers seniority stays in the center till there is an opening to bid on in feeders. If he wants a day off or bid vacation it is in package car center his seniority is in. If he bid the route at bid time in the package center, its his route till he wins a bid in feeders