Driver fired after fight, photo

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Of course he had a battery charge. If not, how would he upload the Fed Ex pic?
tenor.gif

Whither

Scofflaw
@542thruNthru @zubenelgenubi

You guys might be interested in skimming through the arbitrator's decision (granted it's a Canadian case). It's a bit surreal how much ink was spilled trying to interpret whether a text message captioned "friend* UPS" constituted dishonesty.

Fuzzy Brown

In curious to know what the local’s plan was to bring someone back who initiated a confrontation with a customer then punches them in the face.

Siveriano

social media lol , the only drivers I’ve seen get fired it usually relates to social media.

Please delete Facebook/twitter/Instagram/tiktok if you have them union brothers they’re the devil.

Hide in the woods , listen to the birds , drink from the spring , swim in the river

@MECH-lift style
🧔✊
We did a little experiment, a group of driver we uploaded histories (status) to our whatsapp, our manager used to see all of them around 1:30 am, we did this for a week, always posted it during meal and never showed the UPS logo on the last day (friday) we did one using text saying " Hey (manager name) its around 1:30am why dont u go to sleep now". Next Monday he just laughed when he saw us.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Driver fired after fight, photo - Castanet

Kelowna UPS driver fired in wake of physical altercation with customer

A former Kelowna UPS driver has lost his bid to get his job back after he was terminated, twice, in the wake of a physical altercation with a female customer.

But it wasn’t the altercation that got him fired for good, instead, it was a photo he sent to a co-worker while wearing a FedEx uniform with caption “:censored2: UPS.”

Driver Brian Trackl had been working for UPS for about 12 years on May 13, 2020 when he delivered some packages to the back of a Kelowna Pharmasave store.

A disagreement, which was caught on surveillance camera, erupted between Trackl and a customer over whether the delivery driver had to accept and take packages that the customer wanted to return, according to labour arbitration documents.

Trackl firmly shoved the female customer, causing her to stumble, after she took a few steps towards him as the argument escalated. The customer tried to throw a punch, and Trackl “proceeded to punch her in the face, with some force.”
Where'd a UPS driver get a FedEx uniform?

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Meh...

Sounds like he should have had at least a battery charge.

Hammer to the hands will teach em to shove someone his own size.
How does a 39 year old man think it’s ok to punch a 60 year old woman in the face? This is where we are today, no manners, no courtesy, no consideration for anyone.
I encountered a few idiots in my career, I exchanged words, especially if they said the magic word, but never got physical. It was never worth losing my job over.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
A
How does a 39 year old man think it’s ok to punch a 60 year old woman in the face? This is where we are today, no manners, no courtesy, no consideration for anyone.
I encountered a few idiots in my career, I exchanged words, especially if they said the magic word, but never got physical. It was never worth losing my job over.
And it's only getting worse

542thruNthru

@542thruNthru @zubenelgenubi

You guys might be interested in skimming through the arbitrator's decision (granted it's a Canadian case). It's a bit surreal how much ink was spilled trying to interpret whether a text message captioned "friend* UPS" constituted dishonesty.
Honestly I wish more members would read arbitration cases. It really opens your eyes to how things work instead of just "The union doesn't do anything!"