Driver Fired for Dishonesty... While Supervisors Pull Stops as KC.... NOT

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Originally Posted by InsideUPS
I wanted to share a recent story of a long time driver getting fired for dishonesty....and eventually getting his job back at the State panel.

Discharge gets sent to State panel....whereby the driver was asked to call from the State panel hearing and offer apology to center manager for being "Dishonest".

Union representation tells him that the only way the driver will get his job back is if he ADMITS to being DISHONEST.

Bug..... BS...you say? I really have no idea how you can make claims about what happens in a Local that you no nothing about and a grievance hearing that you also no nothing about... Is it really beyond your comprehension how a BA could suggest to a discharged driver that he needs to admit he was dishonest and that he needed to apologize to the Center Manager? It is sad Bug....but...it is absolutely true, I just spoke with the driver yesterday. Not every Local may be as strong as the one you represent.

Admit your mistake and apologize to the center manager after you get caught. Probably would be handled in house instead of going to panel.

InsideUPS

I call BS.

Now you think you blackmailed a supervisor and thats ok...

Dragon.... you have to select whether or not the story is BS or I blackmailed the supervisor.... both of those statements cannot be true. They both however could be false.....in your distant...uninformed opinion.

Dragon, I hope that you are not one of those management people that in no way could believe a supervisor could do something dishonest. The story is absolutely true... The fact is that this supervisor once again did something VERY VERY dumb both tonight and last Friday. I will be sending an e-mail to this supervisor's Center Manager tonight or tomorrow. NO GRIEVANCE...NO BS... and NO BLACKMAIL...

How would you handle this situation Mr. Dragon Center Manager. This same FT supervisor and a PT supervisor demanded that a low seniority PT employee RUN a bag of smalls out to a trailer that is pulling away from the door. This PT employee is NOT YARD certified and is NOT wearing a Green vest. When the employee refuses to run this bag of smalls out to the trailer, both the FT and PT supervisor threaten to write him up for insubordination..... The employee happened to be one of the few on the "Safety Committee"....

FURTHERMORE....the PT supervisor continues to verbally degrade the hourly employee by saying this... "The worst mistake your daddy ever made was not pulling out of your mama when you were made"......

Yeah Dragon....I have nothing better to do than sit around and make up wild stories about supervisors. Ever since they started to bring in these low paid FT supervisors....things have really gone to H...

InsideUPS

Admit your mistake and apologize to the center manager after you get caught. Probably would be handled in house instead of going to panel.

I agree brownmonster.... and it ALMOST was handled at the Local level hearing. The Labor Manager has serious issues with the steward representing the case.... Also, the center manager has a strong dislike for the driver because he routinely runs 1.25 late.....

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Had much luck on "filing a grieve" for supervisor dishonesty? LOL

Ever heard of Double Standards?

Why is this amusing to you?
This is the kind of management attitude prevalent at UPS which is why your kind will never command any respect from the workforce.

It's amusing because it doesn't exist dufus ... I'm just making fun of all the whiney butt Teamsters on here.

I don't want or need your respect. :peaceful:

Catatonic

Nine Lives

Yes, twice.

One got fired, the other "retired" and now works for Holland Trucking as a dispatcher.

Damn I'm tired of explaining the "not-so" obvious to you. :wink2:
As usual, you missed the salient part of my smart-:censored2: retort - a grieve can not be filed on management for dishonesty. :biting:

A grieve is filed and if in the course of investigating that grieve it is determined that the sup acted dishonestly, action will be taken.

It's amusing because it doesn't exist dufus ... I'm just making fun of all the whiney butt Teamsters on here.

I don't want or need your respect. :peaceful:
My favorite is everytime management tries to burn somebody on preload. They come out of the back of the packagecar with an envelope in their hand and saying..."look at this mislead" how did this get in here??...I just want to know why its never a big box? Answer= they cant hide it under their shirt!!!Not just saying!!!...Just telling you the answer!!!.B.S..B.S.!!!

Dragon

Package Center Manager
When you call me, Mr Dragon Center Manager, please say sir at the end it shows a little respect:smart:!!

So because a Supervisor is low paid (your words) thats why he does all these things??

Do you actually work while in the building at UPS (tug driver maybe) you sure have a lot of water cooler stories. (NO OFFENSE to the hard working tug drivers out there).

I want to address the 10 minute item again. 10 minutes of overtime on any P/T in a HUB would not even make the least best MHN report in a HUB or get an Honorable mention for the day.

Anyway good luck and keep the "HUB RUMORS" coming......

InsideUPS

When you call me, Mr Dragon Center Manager, please say sir at the end it shows a little respect:smart:!!

So because a Supervisor is low paid (your words) thats why he does all these things??

Do you actually work while in the building at UPS (tug driver maybe) you sure have a lot of water cooler stories. (NO OFFENSE to the hard working tug drivers out there).

I want to address the 10 minute item again. 10 minutes of overtime on any P/T in a HUB would not even make the least best MHN report in a HUB or get an Honorable mention for the day.

Anyway good luck and keep the "HUB RUMORS" coming......

Couple of closing comments Dragon and then no more....

First....respect is earned...and in my eyes...well you know what I mean...

Second.... the topic of discussion is "Dishonesty"...not pay.. The supervisor in my center was dishonest....plain and simple..

Third..... you stray from the topic by asking if I actually work.. trying to create a distraction from a supervisor that was dishonest and is incompetent. I understand however...in your position...you have become a master at making excuses and CYA... I certainly don't envy that.

Fourth.... Hub rumors....maybe you can sleep better at night thinking that we hourly sit around making up stories against management...if so...think what you want..

Summary.... Dragon..FYI...the type of person I respect is one who can think for themselves and is not biased in their decisions. Instead of simply making a general statement against dishonesty.....you prefer to create smoke and mirrors along with personal attacks on someone you don't even know... For example, considering you have NO actual facts in this case, for or against...why didn't you as a manager take the "high road" and simply state that; "Dishonesty is not acceptable at UPS...regardless of position within the company". Your whole defensive approach on the side of management makes you look unprofessional and biased.

InsideUPS

It's not a option in the Diad. We use it for business s that we know are closed a certain day of the week.

If you have a business that is closed every Monday it shouldn't be loaded on your car, it will be held off as known closed. What the OP was saying is management was putting in stops as known closed that were not closed. They always want a list on certain holidays if we have any known closed, so they can runs as few routes as possible. Also to reduce amount of send agains.

​Thank you QKRSTKR.... that is correct...

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
Management practices are build on dishonesty. Why do you think they put so much weight on a 3 day ride? The time study is dishonest. The conflation of time study and work methods is dishonest. The use of a 3 day ride as a "fair" evaluation when their on the car on a bias against you. They go out there to write up what ever promotes there false claims as proof. (your not scratch so your not following instructions...willfully!) There is a distinction between willful disobedience and just make a human mistake. But, that's not how this dishonest management defines it. All paid over is a purposed failure to follow instruction which is the equivalent of stealing.

Except there is no proof that the time study and work methods are codependent. That's a lie. So, management and there lying on car evaluations are status quo. Catching UPS management is like shooting fish in a barrel.

We'll move on to dishonest and protection of dishonest managers and management practices by "our" union representation next.

We've had several situations like this. My favorite one resulted in said center manager getting fired and now he runs a junk yard. He's been seen several times driving the parts truck to make deliveries. Not that I condone it ( but it sure is funny) but there was one instance where a guy this center manager tried to fire ended up next to him at a light. Lets say the situation got really bad with the old center manager becoming very frightened.

As usual, you missed the salient part of my smart-:censored2: retort - a grieve can not be filed on management for dishonesty. :biting:

A grieve is filed and if in the course of investigating that grieve it is determined that the sup acted dishonestly, action will be taken.
So in essence it really can??

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

So in essence it really can??

Yep.

A grievance can most certainly be filed on a supe for any contract violation.
The difference between management and hourly is that the remedy isn't spelled out in the contract for management like it is for hourly union employees.
I didn't miss anything, nor was anything needed to be explained, but thanks.

InsideUPS

We've had several situations like this. My favorite one resulted in said center manager getting fired and now he runs a junk yard. He's been seen several times driving the parts truck to make deliveries. Not that I condone it ( but it sure is funny) but there was one instance where a guy this center manager tried to fire ended up next to him at a light. Lets say the situation got really bad with the old center manager becoming very frightened.

​Glad to see your back anonymous....

InsideUPS

Yep.

A grievance can most certainly be filed on a supe for any contract violation.
The difference between management and hourly is that the remedy isn't spelled out in the contract for management like it is for hourly union employees.
I didn't miss anything, nor was anything needed to be explained, but thanks.

Bubblehead.... I miss your clever animated gif avatar.... (foot stomping)... ....no wait.....after going to the eye doctor yesterday....I just noticed that "generic" delivery guy is not so "generic" after all..

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I agree brownmonster.... and it ALMOST was handled at the Local level hearing. The Labor Manager has serious issues with the steward representing the case.... Also, the center manager has a strong dislike for the driver because he routinely runs 1.25 late.....

Driver running 1.25 late is the underlying theme in most of these firings. If the same guy ran 1.25 early he would get a talking to at the most. We have guys that get harassed daily for running .30 late. Can't imagine the heat on a guy over an hour late.