Driver fired last year but no replacement?

oldngray

nowhere special
In my area they are now making people wanting to be FT driver write a letter as to why they want to be a Driver and what there commitment to the company is...

What difference does it make? Other than as a tool of intimidation?

They could say anything and it wouldn't change the bidding process in the contract.

UPSGUY72

Ive been working pt mornings since late 2013. Since then ive been waiting to be a ft driver. Ive done seasonal driving. But last year a woman was fired and nobody was hired after she was fired, so it kinda made me frustrated. Now a porter guy retired and a driver signed the bid and won it. I suppose there will be a bid for his route? But im assuming another driver will take it. Will i get hired as a driver since the driver who took the porter bid is out?

Could be a lot of reason they bid route hasn't been put out to bid yet ? Why don't you go ask your union steward what the deal is. They should have been pushing for the bid to be posted maybe they know something you don't..

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
You must have ORION in your center ... it reduces miles so much it can reduce a 30 car center by 2 drivers.

From what I've read on here, it can reduce drivers in a similar way that sick calls, lower volume and layoffs do, but not by actually reducing miles.

That's just the sales pitch from the developer. The more accurately you follow it, the more miles it wastes.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
From what I've read on here, it can reduce drivers in a similar way that sick calls, lower volume and layoffs do, but not by actually reducing miles.

That's just the sales pitch from the developer. The more accurately you follow it, the more miles it wastes.
If I had ran the route today the way Orion wants me to run it before there was an Orion.

I would of been fired for stealing time.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Not sure in the 6/1 ratio. And nobody ahead of me in seniority wants to drive. And the porter bid just came down last friday. Im assuming his route will be posted sometime this or next week. Our center probably has anywhere from 10 to 13 thousands packages everyday. Im just getting frustrated after waiting 4 years.
Unfortunately there are guys who waited 10 years to go driving.....luckily in many areas around me they are hiring like crazy and guys are going into full time package and feeder slots in a year or two max...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
You must have ORION in your center ... it reduces miles so much it can reduce a 30 car center by 2 drivers.
Thought they only had model a's when you were still working here??? Only thing you probably know about Orion is that it has to to do with something star related, or that it's some new trendy strain of marijuana that the yuppie crowd is experimenting with...