Driver follow up/ lying customer

JustDeliverIt

They aren't in the diad, and tell your drivers they need to sheet them as a follow up under the package info screen so they don't show up as a package you have to process. Management should be getting on to them about it because if they don't sheet it correctly, it makes it look like the package has popped back up in tracking.

Our district management keeps a pretty close eye on these. Our OMS's stay on top of them, but I've never considered not doing one, so I have no idea what they would do if I didn't. I know they want a resolution before the deadline. They're an easy stop anyway, and it all pays the same.

Our OMS sends us a message daily if we have a DFU to make sure we complete them. Not sure what they would do if we didn't do them, so just ask the basic question and move on

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I get paid by the hour so I make three attempts on all DFU's and all RS tags. Even Dish Network labels, some houses I have been to a dozen times because they keep issuing them. Our OMS has to call the customer and then the DFUs are issued. What is stupid is when the value is under $100 on the item, supposedly we aren't supposed to waste that much time trying to collect those. I have seen some instances where the consignee is told that they need to call the police and file a theft report before UPS pays a claim. I'm on vacation now, I will have a ton of DFU's and miss deliveries when I go back to work.

I love these , I will tell them that from here on out that I can't trust your house or you all your stuff can be picked up at the hub , I know it's bull but they don't know

What I end up doing is making that house a Sig req in my own mind to make it difficult for them
If I have someone pulling that crap. I go up to my office and have them change it to a note 4. Problem solved.

Blackadder 2

Problem with that is UPS will not always make them a sign required even after a follow up or two. If you dont release their packages and they are still a DR , they complain to the 800# which goes directly to your center manager which then falls on you. He wants to know why you are not DRing a DR stop. Now it's on you not the customer. On top of that you look like a liar as far as the customer is concerned because you are continuing to DR. Again it's not worth the fight.

My center is quite good at this. If you say you DR'd it and they calim no to have received it they put it in NO DR's.

If they don't and they want me to keep leaving the package no Sig. that is fine, it's not my money.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Hey anybody got any tips for doing a second driver follow up for a package that you (and the customer) knows good and well was delivered because it was just last week and you looked the guy right in the eyes and handed him the package. Had any luck with sweet talking/coercion? lol
I always as them to file a police report. Then, the punks get banned from DR. Have fun fetching it at the UPS store creeps.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
You’re a UPS driver, not a criminal investigator. Have them sign they didn’t get it, record it as such, move on.

Stop taking personal responsibility for this place, management has.
True JB, but when you remember the package they claim not received, it kind of gets under your skin. Ticks you off.

ol'browneye

Hey anybody got any tips for doing a second driver follow up for a package that you (and the customer) knows good and well was delivered because it was just last week and you looked the guy right in the eyes and handed him the package. Had any luck with sweet talking/coercion? lol

I had this exact thing happen. I pulled up and as he walked out on the porch I asked, "Mr. Dick?" He said yes and I handed him his pkg. Two days later I get a DFU and wonder WTF? When I get there with the follow up he claims he wasn't home. I said I handed it right to you. He insisted he was at work. I said do you have a twin brother and he said not a twin but I have two brothers but they're both in jail. Hmmm, figures. Boss went to the police with me but since it was only insured for $99, (even though the DFU said $400 value), they wouldn't do anything. GPS showed I was at the right house but GPS couldn't prove he was there. The worst part is that his teenage kid was standing there when I delivered it to him and when he lied to my face. What a POS!