Driver Helpers

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
Were you wearing flip flops, basketball shorts, and a dirty Tshirt that smelled of pee?
Unacceptable. 10 years ago at the age of 17 I was a helper, the first job I ever had had a big company. Not only did I come to work with my uniform 100% compliant, I added a yellow or silver tie... every day. For $10/hr.

Took pride in the job, and was remembered several years later when I was hired as a full-time RPCD in the same exact center. I’m now a career railroader at Norfolk Southern, UPS is our biggest customer so I guess I’m still working for you guys…

MisplacedRailWorker

Unacceptable. 10 years ago at the age of 17 I was a helper, the first job I ever had had a big company. Not only did I come to work with my uniform 100% compliant, I added a yellow or silver tie... every day. For $10/hr.

Took pride in the job, and was remembered several years later when I was hired as a full-time RPCD in the same exact center. I’m now a career railroader at Norfolk Southern, UPS is our biggest customer so I guess I’m still working for you guys…

MisplacedRailWorker

7BB32E42-BBC7-44C9-83D1-DDE0E1559B4A.jpeg

floridays

Glad you're back at the railroad, you'll be happier, it's what you wanted.
Be the best you can be, I'm sure your Mom and Pop are proud of you, I am.
Do good :thumbup1:

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
Need a time and place for helper to meet you. No, I don't want a helper. Need a time and place ASAP. No, I don't want to wear a mask all day. Manager called me. Ended up picking the dude up at 4pm. He's a cool dude I don't mind it now. Actually takes longer on this route. It's almost all county roads in a rental. I can count the number of times we each walk a stop off on one hand. Whatever, I pick him up right away and he stays until we're done. Let the man get paid.
You can not be forced to take a helper this year as long as you claim Covid as the reason

Zowert

I got a kid this year that’s a PVD and driver helper helper while doing Lyft and Amazon Flex. He’s working non-stop. I ask why he doesn’t just get a full time job, he told me he makes more money doing this gig work. Well… alright then. Times have changed.

Big Babooba

I have had some real gems. During one Election year, one told me he already had some jewelry stores picked out to loot if Obama lost. I let him go after that day. I was wondering if he was going back and stealing the deliveries we made. I had another one that worked as a stripper at night, she pulled a no-show on Christmas Eve. I would rather work without a Helper, most were more trouble than they were worth. Helpers and the time change were the reason I retired at the time of year I did.
Did you bring a stack of ones to work?