Driver helping with a road supervisor.

summersaltstains

I was just watching a youtube video with this guy named "Maynard" and he stated that if you are helping a supervisor on the road that "you will make what he makes".

Is this really true? He was referencing people who work in the "hub" and gave a scenario where if they went on the road and helped a supervisor in a package car they would make what a supervisor makes? If so does this apply only to union members?

It sounds almost too crazy to be real.
A friend of mine was a driver helper/loader last peak and she got paid cover driver pay to help a supe run a route on a day that a lot of people called out.

I have done this many times especially during the great recession when UPS do not want to hire new drivers. Most of the time we would deliver to the sups home town about 30 miles from the center. I would drive the package car while he drove his personal car. Usually an 8 hour day so after deliveries I would do the pick ups and drive back while he went home for the day. He also bought lunch. One of the privileges of seniority.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I was just watching a youtube video with this guy named "Maynard" and he stated that if you are helping a supervisor on the road that "you will make what he makes".

Is this really true? He was referencing people who work in the "hub" and gave a scenario where if they went on the road and helped a supervisor in a package car they would make what a supervisor makes? If so does this apply only to union members?

Make sure if anyone gives you a tip for the holidays you pocket it for yourself. Don’t tell the regular driver, you’ll be a cover driver in no time this way!

njb209

You should get paid full time Driver Rate. Not what the supervisor makes. I actually did this a long time ago. It's how I started my progression. But I helped in the summertime not during peak. During peak they can pay you helper rate they can't pay you helper rate in the summer