Driver helping with a road supervisor.

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by NS_Highlander, Jan 9, 2019.

1. yonnko

yonnko Member

Does that Pinwheel Maynard work for UPS?

2. Maple Grove MN Driver

Maple Grove MN Driver Cocaine Mang!

That Tyler B guy is obnoxiously annoying

3. A friend of mine was a driver helper/loader last peak and she got paid cover driver pay to help a supe run a route on a day that a lot of people called out.

4. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

I have done this many times especially during the great recession when UPS do not want to hire new drivers. Most of the time we would deliver to the sups home town about 30 miles from the center. I would drive the package car while he drove his personal car. Usually an 8 hour day so after deliveries I would do the pick ups and drive back while he went home for the day. He also bought lunch. One of the privileges of seniority.

5. MyTripisCut

MyTripisCut Listen up, OoooooooKaaaaaay!

Make sure if anyone gives you a tip for the holidays you pocket it for yourself. Don’t tell the regular driver, you’ll be a cover driver in no time this way!

6. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

I’ve seen my sups wife.

Hard pass

Bet she can cook though.

7. Analbumcover

Analbumcover ControlPkgs

8. PappyLand

PappyLand Active Member

That pay stub made no sense. The guy was a seasonal package handler that made 40k by November 5th?

9. clean hairy

clean hairy Well-Known Member

Ocean front property in Arizona?
    Certainly! Just add enough water...

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
  10. njb209

njb209 New Member

You should get paid full time Driver Rate. Not what the supervisor makes. I actually did this a long time ago. It's how I started my progression. But I helped in the summertime not during peak. During peak they can pay you helper rate they can't pay you helper rate in the summer

11. njb209

njb209 New Member

Maynard is stupid.