Driver - laid off, "Work as Directed" = Driver Rate in Hub?

Ya Dad

Gimme me more characters so that I finish this se
Before I went Feeders (and became DQ'd after "33" working days, see this thread), I was a PM Air Driver part-time. I did that for 4 years until my position was put up for a combo bid, and I was sent back to work inside. However, because I was a Bid Air Driver, they couldn't take my classification away from me.

Since I was told to work as directed, wouldn't that mean it's not a layoff, and instead of getting my hub rate, I would get my driver rate for working inside since that's my classification?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Before I went Feeders (and became DQ'd after "33" working days, see this thread), I was a PM Air Driver part-time. I did that for 4 years until my position was put up for a combo bid, and I was sent back to work inside. However, because I was a Bid Air Driver, they couldn't take my classification away from me.

Since I was told to work as directed, wouldn't that mean it's not a layoff, and instead of getting my hub rate, I would get my driver rate for working inside since that's my classification?
If you are laid off from driving, you might have an argument. But you would be better served asking a steward, or calling the union hall and asking for a business agent, than random information here.

Box Ox

99% of the time, your already-established base classification pay is what you should be making for any work you do anywhere, anytime if you're officially a PT or FT driver.

AndUPSER

Wasn't you just an air exception driver, meaning you was never a permanent air driver? In that case, you will be paid your hub rate when you work in the hub.

Ya Dad

Gimme me more characters so that I finish this se
Wasn't you just an air exception driver, meaning you was never a permanent air driver? In that case, you will be paid your hub rate when you work in the hub.

I was told by the hiring supervisor in HR when she looked up my classification that I was a "Bid Air Driver," and near "Current Pay Rate" on my checks was my air driver rate. When I was sent back to work inside, I would still get my air rate for option days, holidays and vacation/option weeks.

PT Car Washer

I was told by the hiring supervisor in HR when she looked up my classification that I was a "Bid Air Driver," and near "Current Pay Rate" on my checks was my air driver rate. When I was sent back to work inside, I would still get my air rate for option days, holidays and vacation/option weeks.
At least until you are reclassified as a Hub employee.