Driver Lunch Break

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
What kills me, and let me preface by saying that I didn't always get it either in my early days...

...is that so many drivers disregard how we got here...

...and how they are attempting to move the bargaining unit backwards.

How many years were employers permitted to deny us our personal time???
How would these people feel if they were told they couldn't take lunch or breaks???
Do they not understand that the Company will see these tendencies and try and melt them into subsequent contracts???

I'm no longer in my 20's or 30's.
I relish the personal time that has been negotiated on behalf of EVERYONE.

Please, do not piss on these hard fought rights and privileges that are a result of a century's worth of sacrifice and toil by our predecessors.

Last edited:

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
How do drivers get away with working while on lunch. Scanning while on break generates a report. Are these drivers falsifying information?

bumped

Well u am not trying wipe asses just go out and catch some dinner with friends and family. Something like this isnt a deal breaker. It would just be nice to have an option. Thanks for the clarification...

Your 3 days into the job...its not going to get any better. Your in for many denied 8 hour requests and terrible vacation picks. Wait until one of your friends gets married out of state. Good luck getting that Friday and Saturday off.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

How do drivers get away with working while on lunch. Scanning while on break generates a report. Are these drivers falsifying information?

Yuppers.

Mgt knows full well who is doing this but will never say a word about it as they like the free labor.

It does make it that much more difficult for cover drivers when the bid driver runs through his/her lunch.

DOK

I know i am recently trained driver so i may change my thoughts on this as time goes on but...

With the abundance of work/OT and limited time with our families I feel as though an option of 30 minute or an hour long lunch should be an option without having to have pay subtracted from our pay. Even better would be we get paid for the work we do and not the break we get paid for where we could hace a flex break option.

There are some days where i want to take my whole hour but there are other dats where i would like to shorten my break so i get home to be woth my family and that comes with sacrifice obviously.
You can put in the board whatever you take, be it 15, 30, or up to an hour, we just are required to put something in, can't put zero time in. At least in our building, been that way for a couple years.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
You can put in the board whatever you take, be it 15, 30, or up to an hour, we just are required to put something in, can't put zero time in. At least in our building, been that way for a couple years.
We are required to put in the full hour.

Indecisi0n

Your 3 days into the job...its not going to get any better. Your in for many denied 8 hour requests and terrible vacation picks. Wait until one of your friends gets married out of state. Good luck getting that Friday and Saturday off.
If he does a Friday wedding he is cheap and shouldn't be your friend anyway.

burco8080

a couple of years back dot passed a law stating every driver had to take a 30 minute break in a 8 hour shift,UPS package car driver was exempt because we do not travel 150 miles from are centers. That being said if someone was to have a fatal accident and they look at your driving hours and you did not take a break you most likely me terminated,UPS will be sued, take your break, if nothing else for safety. Being dead or with out a job will not help your family life.

oldngray

nowhere special
picdump_2640_15.jpg

Faceplanted

M'fing option 3 day!!!!!

We got new guys with all of their option days still from jan. Every time they call in managment convinces them they are short handed or some other excuse and they show up. Pansys