Driver Lunch Break

Rack em

Made the Podium
I hope it won't but what I do know is it's not a joke I have a family In tears from a stupid thing I did
You will more than likely get your job back depending on your history with the company. From now on do everything by the book and don't allow yourself to be put in this situation ever again. When you're on lunch or break then the vehicle isn't ever moving and no work should be done at all.

Faceplanted

I was trying to get the savers off I'm. New on the route it was beyond STUPID I was not trying to hurt anything there was no money gain it was a dumb decision I was just afraid of getting pulled in for late air
Who cares about late savers? You been driving for 3 years you should know better.

Do you see what doing the company favors does to you? It gets you fired. Live and learn. You will be back 2-4K lighter in the pocket. Very expensive lesson huh?

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
I can't believe what I'm reading. The rookies in my center are encouraged to skip their lunch. Sup gets mad when he sees one at a restaurant eating,.
I asked my BA about this and he said they basically have to grow a pair and take lunch when they code it out.
Crazy how different some locations are

Fragile

Full hour or bust. Me personally I like to unwind, eat, and check out for a hour. It gives me time to run a errand, make a phone call, take a nap.

I wouldn't be able to enjoy a half hour.

PCM

You will more than likely get your job back depending on your history with the company. From now on do everything by the book and don't allow yourself to be put in this situation ever again. When you're on lunch or break then the vehicle isn't ever moving and no work should be done at all.
I hope so I've had a few issues like late air and I had a situation where I recorded a mosload late but nothing like this so I'm just hoping they give me a a chance.. I k ow I put myslef in a ridiculous situation and I was trying to make service not hurt anything... if I could take it back I would I just didn't want to get called in and get in trouble for missing savers or late businesses

PCM

I can't believe what I'm reading. The rookies in my center are encouraged to skip their lunch. Sup gets mad when he sees one at a restaurant eating,.
I asked my BA about this and he said they basically have to grow a pair and take lunch when they code it out.
We don't have the option to skip it we have to take it between the 4th and 5th hour no matter what it makes it extremely difficult especially on a new route to get all the commuter packages and businesses done.. if we do not take it we get terminated and in this situation my pickups started directly after ans I had a ton of savers and businesses left I just wanted to make service to the customer I didn't realize fit would be all of this . It was stupid in my end

PCM

Who cares about late savers? You been driving for 3 years you should know better.

Do you see what doing the company favors does to you? It gets you fired. Live and learn. You will be back 2-4K lighter in the pocket. Very expensive lesson huh?
Yes it is and I'm not sure that I'll get my job back, yes I was trying to help not hurt I panicked because I knew I wouldn't be able to get everything off on time with the break.. so now I'm in a situation where I am fighting for my job.. I will never do anything like that again if it's late it's late and ur right trying to help them got me into this situation.. I won't ever do it again I feel so stupid for not just calling and telling them it wasn't possible, but I was afraid of being pulled in the next day and getting suspended.. that would have been better than this tho

Over disciplined0123

I know i am recently trained driver so i may change my thoughts on this as time goes on but...

With the abundance of work/OT and limited time with our families I feel as though an option of 30 minute or an hour long lunch should be an option without having to have pay subtracted from our pay. Even better would be we get paid for the work we do and not the break we get paid for where we could hace a flex break option.

There are some days where i want to take my whole hour but there are other dats where i would like to shorten my break so i get home to be woth my family and that comes with sacrifice obviously.
Agree it’s called being over dispatched. Get used to it Do what I do and take your lunch at the same time each day and hey once you start delivering business after 5 pm and your in the office for discipline then you can tell him why because they won’t do anything about it until your being disciplined most of the time

Over disciplined0123

Help me out here. You want to get home to see family, but when you are done early you hang out and talk.

Makes no sense at all.
That is my pet peeve is seeing a bunch of drivers hanging out in the office taking their lunch at end of day ... sometimes even chatting with the on car supervisors ... ugggghh. These new drivers are killing me

Yes it is and I'm not sure that I'll get my job back, yes I was trying to help not hurt I panicked because I knew I wouldn't be able to get everything off on time with the break.. so now I'm in a situation where I am fighting for my job.. I will never do anything like that again if it's late it's late and ur right trying to help them got me into this situation.. I won't ever do it again I feel so stupid for not just calling and telling them it wasn't possible, but I was afraid of being pulled in the next day and getting suspended.. that would have been better than this tho
Like I tell all of the young drivers....don't falsify records. You may or may not get in trouble for having a late air but you will get fired for falsifying records.

Good luck kiddo.

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.

Your sup would have a heart attack if he knew what I was doing in the back of my truck on my lunch break.

Over disciplined0123

Your sup would have a heart attack if he knew what I was doing in the back of my truck on my lunch break.
Well I seen one driver get caught with a chick in the back of truck and I also seen a supervisor coming to give a box to a driver who was in back of truck he opened door and it was like a Cheech and Chong movie .. they both got fired even on lunch is bull

Over disciplined0123

We all pee back there I’m sure ..some even poo if your in the country should you like that on camera ... I mean I can see if shot is missing and trying to catch a thief I have seen that done before . But in every package car I do not like