Driver Lunch Break

bumped

If he does a Friday wedding he is cheap and shouldn't be your friend anyway.

I said out of state wedding. Most people that have to travel for a wedding need the Friday off. You must want to work until 8:00 at night and then travel that night for a Saturday wedding.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I said out of state wedding. Most people that have to travel for a wedding need the Friday off. You must want to work until 8:00 at night and then travel that night for a Saturday wedding.
You can be anywhere in the country in 4 or 5 hours. Just sayin.

bumped

You can be anywhere in the country in 4 or 5 hours. Just sayin.

Maybe on your private jet. Most have a drive to an airport. Wait at least an hour to get on the plane...then wait until the plane starts moving... a good 45 minutes to get off the plane get luggage...

Easy circumstances for someone travelling out of state for a Saturday wedding while punching out at 8pm.

About 15 years ago I scanned an
ARS during lunch. The next day I was informed that they were changing my 1/2 hour lunch into at 22 min lunch.

A

Article 3

a couple of years back dot passed a law stating every driver had to take a 30 minute break in a 8 hour shift,UPS package car driver was exempt because we do not travel 150 miles from are centers. That being said if someone was to have a fatal accident and they look at your driving hours and you did not take a break you most likely me terminated,UPS will be sued, take your break, if nothing else for safety. Being dead or with out a job will not help your family life.
150 miles "AS THE CROW FLIES". Not just 150 miles. That's what the law says.

PCM

I think they probably one him.

Playing right into their hands.
I am new to the forum I am a new driver only three years in I need help... I'm terrified I worked thru my lunch like an idiot to not miss my savers and I was terminated. Does anyone have any experience with this I know what I did was stupid and I feel like I messed up my life

PCM

About 15 years ago I scanned an
ARS during lunch. The next day I was informed that they were changing my 1/2 hour lunch into at 22 min lunch.
Maybe u can help me than I'm a driver of only three years I worked they my break and was terminated I'm
Terrified I won't get my job back I know it was stupid.. do u know of anyone that has been through this?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I am new to the forum I am a new driver only three years in I need help... I'm terrified I worked thru my lunch like an idiot to not miss my savers and I was terminated. Does anyone have any experience with this I know what I did was stupid and I feel like I messed up my life
Maybe u can help me than I'm a driver of only three years I worked they my break and was terminated I'm
Terrified I won't get my job back I know it was stupid.. do u know of anyone that has been through this?

Did you enter a meal break in your DIAD and then work through it?

PCM

How do drivers get away with working while on lunch. Scanning while on break generates a report. Are these drivers falsifying information?
U don't get away with it I did it and just got terminated I'm terrified I won't get my job back I wasn't trying to falsify I'm a new driver I was worried about not getting all my businesses done does anyone know anything about this?

PCM

They may let you sit home for a week or so and then bring you back on a time served suspension.

What have your shop steward and/or BA told you?
He is useless but the union vp is handling it now he told me he has had three the last week and they were out for two weeks I just am afraid im going to be the one they make an example of and if it goes to panel I'm done