Driver next to me doesn’t like me going slow

Manifesto

The ones that file 9.5 don't do their fair share imo. They do the bare minimum to keep their job. If playing the system = stealing time and filing 9.5. I don't wanna be a part of that system.
Making a blanket statement like that isn't fair to everyone. I was on the list for about one year after covid hit. I was starting to get crushed every day and burnt out so went on the list. Wasn't scared like a lot of people and filed the first 4 weeks I was on it. Don't think I hit 9.5 again the rest of the year. Eventually got off the list and am happy with overtime I get now. I realize it doesn't work like that for a lot of people and they just pay the penalty but don't change the dispatch.

Savage21

#1 Saturday driver ✊
Making a blanket statement like that isn't fair to everyone. I was on the list for about one year after covid hit. I was starting to get crushed every day and burnt out so went on the list. Wasn't scared like a lot of people and filed the first 4 weeks I was on it. Don't think I hit 9.5 again the rest of the year. Eventually got off the list and am happy with overtime I get now. I realize it doesn't work like that for a lot of people and they just pay the penalty but don't change the dispatch.
Oh I'm not scared. I just deposited a 9.5 check. I'm talking about the people that go over 9.5 every single week no matter how many stops they have. There are some pathetic drivers at this company. They do change the dispatch and they still go over..

Manifesto

Oh I'm not scared. I just deposited a 9.5 check. I'm talking about the people that go over 9.5 every single week no matter how many stops they have. There are some pathetic drivers at this company. They do change the dispatch and they still go over..
We're lucky. Don't have too many like that. Small center though.

Manifesto

I feel like that's a big plus for small centers. Y'all hold each other accountable.

I'm in a big hub with four large centers. It's a little different.
We have more of the opposite problem, people going way too fast. I've got no problem with people going at a fast pace as long as they do the job right. But that doesn't always happen.

100%ORIONComplianceGuy

25+ Year UPSer and Teamster
There are some. But there also plenty that are doing things right but they are still loaded down occasionally because management is trying to see how far they can push them. They hope they’ll crack and speed up.

Inversely…..runners and gunners will do anything to do get in early. Either to get a head start on a social life or because they honestly think management will reward them with anything other than more work. Which is exactly what happens. Run (literally) 10 hours of work in 8.5 and they get 10.5 next time.

It’s all a game I stopped playing years ago.

Brown Down

We have more of the opposite problem, people going way too fast. I've got no problem with people going at a fast pace as long as they do the job right. But that doesn't always happen
You mean rarely happens. It's like one of those pick 2 of 3 problems. Go fast, do the job correctly, be safe.

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
We have more of the opposite problem, people going way too fast. I've got no problem with people going at a fast pace as long as they do the job right. But that doesn't always happen.
The guy who covers my route does about 70 more than me. Want to know what happened to him? he’s hurt!!!!!!

Manifesto

The guy who covers my route does about 70 more than me. Want to know what happened to him? he’s hurt!!!!!!
Gotta guy in my loop who won the bid after a retirement. Now goes out with a peak number of stops a lot of the time and gets in about 5 every day. You would think that would help me out, but it doesn't because they rarely put in the extra route now that is needed and I'm getting peak numbers as well at times and getting in close to 3 hours after him.

Gotta guy in my loop who won the bid after a retirement. Now goes out with a peak number of stops a lot of the time and gets in about 5 every day. You would think that would help me out, but it doesn't because they rarely put in the extra route now that is needed and I'm getting peak numbers as well at times and getting in close to 3 hours after him.
That's corporate doing that

100%ORIONComplianceGuy

Sounds about right. Thats why management LOVES them. Until they mess up real bad and all of the sudden they are thrown under the bus.

PreTrippin’

About 150 Miles From Nowhere
What is your complaint?

Manifesto

So you’re not getting work or getting too much work?
I'm getting too much work because one guy taking so many stops is keeping an extra route out of our loop and I'm even getting pushed into areas not in our loop. I'll take the overtime and don't complain about it at work, but being given stuff from another loop because one guy is getting so much in my loop is just stupid.

100%ORIONComplianceGuy

I'm getting too much work because one guy taking so many stops is keeping an extra route out of our loop and I'm even getting pushed into areas not in our loop. I'll take the overtime and don't complain about it at work, but being given stuff from another loop because one guy is getting so much in my loop is just stupid.
Imagine working in a bonus center. There is plenty of that going on.