Driver pay for driver helper?

novadriver

I'm a driver but they want to learn me a new route so they made me a driver helper today for 4hrs. Do i get driver pay and guaranteed 8hrs? I already clocked in on diad 9am start time as a driver not helper.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
oh well, i guess ill be happy i get a easy day.. i just hope im not getn paid 10hr
hes running a route right now. ima talk to him after... How long does it take to get paid for grieved hours?
I'm a driver but they want to learn me a new route so they made me a driver helper today for 4hrs. Do i get driver pay and guaranteed 8hrs? I already clocked in on diad 9am start time as a driver not helper.

chris9834

Don't know if your union is different from the 1 im in but if your friend.t. then you get paid the same rate regardless what your doing. In my situation im T.C.D. and they paid me 10 a hr and 1 check paid me 8.50 a hr when I was a helper I asked steward and filed a grievence they gave me a pay adjustment by next payday just look at your check, and go from there in my area they still have to pay me T.C.D. driver pay...Now just waiting on my penalty pay lol.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I thought if you were forced to be a helper then you were paid as a driver. But if you volunteer to be a helper then you only get helper pay.

I could be wrong though.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
did you put pay code as 05 or 06? if 05 you got paid for actual work hours (4hrs) . if 06 , you got paid 8hrs for working 4

box_beeyotch

If we are used as a helper because we are extra, are we still entitled to our 8 hours though?. Technically, I suppose that's considered a layoff.

novadriver

Im a helper again today, start at 1130am.. 6.59 hrs.. at driver pay... the driver i help drives like a madman.. hope i make it home alive and in one piece.