Driver Question HELP!!!

upsmannc

Brown For Today
a full time list was posted in my center a about 2 months ago.
i have not gone full time yet and i am ready to. i could have gone full time 5 years ago so i am at the top of the list..
back in may of this year i signed a Saturday air list and got my DOT card and my road test, then i was told they are not takeing Saturday drivers at that time due to needing full time and RTD drivers, so i backed out. Now i am ready to go full time all i need to do is sign a list. Can they still pull from the list from 2 months ago letting people under me go to school?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
a full time list was posted in my center a about 2 months ago.
i have not gone full time yet and i am ready to. i could have gone full time 5 years ago so i am at the top of the list..
back in may of this year i signed a Saturday air list and got my DOT card and my road test, then i was told they are not takeing Saturday drivers at that time due to needing full time and RTD drivers, so i backed out. Now i am ready to go full time all i need to do is sign a list. Can they still pull from the list from 2 months ago letting people under me go to school?

what makes you think you’re ready now and you weren’t in May ?

Johney

Our building is still working on a feeder bid list that's over two years old. The bid stated 5 feeder jobs and they've only trained two people, so they pull from that list until all 5 jobs are filled. There are people who weren't ready when that list went up but are now and they didn't sign it.

upsmannc

Brown For Today
Our building is still working on a feeder bid list that's over two years old. The bid stated 5 feeder jobs and they've only trained two people, so they pull from that list until all 5 jobs are filled. There are people who weren't ready when that list went up but are now and they didn't sign it.
is that correct? can they really do that?

upsmannc

Brown For Today
Did you sign the first list?
i did not. their is one more person on that list who has not gone to school yet. Then i am next. i guess my question is, is their a time in which they have to pull from a list, or will they pull from that list until all spots are filled

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Everyone heads up!!! Sign all lists you think you have a one percent interest in. No matter what. You can always say no when they call you but it doesn’t work the other way. That’s is all.

swing_drv

i did not. their is one more person on that list who has not gone to school yet. Then i am next. i guess my question is, is their a time in which they have to pull from a list, or will they pull from that list until all spots are filled
They will pull from the first list, if you didn't sign it your screwed . Our center puts list up twice a year. You have to sign everything and just pass up what you don't want.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
let me ask this. if a list says only filling or hiring 2 spots. 2 is all that can be pulled from that list correct.

What supplement are you under? The Western Supplement Article 7:

"PART-TIME TO FULL-TIME EMPLOYMENT
It is the intention of the parties to afford part-time employees the opportunities to be promoted to full-time positions.
This provision is not intended to limit the Employer’s program for the hiring of minorities, women, veterans and others.

Part-time employees who meet the eligibility requirements of the applicable Rider or Addendum may request, in writing, for hiring into permanent full-time openings. A list of such requests shall be maintained in the Employer’s Personnel Department and a copy of such request shall be given to the employee.
An employee who fails to qualify for a full-time position within a classifcation shall have his/her name replaced on the list in his/her rightful spot and shall be given an additional opportunity to qualify for a full-time position within that same classifcation, six (6) months after the date he/she was disqualifed. This six (6) month waiting period shall not be applicable to the flling of a full-time position in another classifcation. An employee who is granted a second opportunity to qualify and fails to do so shall have his/her name replaced on the list and shall be granted additional opportuni- ty twelve (12) months after the date he/she was last disqualifed and continuing forward in a like manner.
Failing to qualify in this period, the employee shall return to his/her former classifcation without loss of seniority. When an employee is disqualifed, the Employer shall notify the Local Union of the reasons for the disqualifcation. Any disputes arising out of this Section shall be subject to the grievance procedure.
An employee who disqualifes himself/herself other than for good cause shown shall not be allowed to place his/her name back on the same full-time list sooner than twenty-four (24) months following the date he/she last disqualifed himself or herself.
A part-time employee who qualifes for full-time employment shall be placed on the appropriate full-time seniority list with a seniority date as of the frst day of full-time employment but shall retain his/ her seniority for fringe beneft purposes in accordance with the ap- plicable area or local Addendum or Rider.
A part-time employee who is attempting to qualify as a full-time package car driver shall not be automatically disqualifed as a result of a minor accident during the training period."

Under my rider we post a list in May for the whole year, then another in October for anyone who missed the one in May. They pull from that list in seniority order.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
They have to exhaust the list before putting up another one. If you didn’t sign it, you are SOL until they put up another one.

upsmannc

Brown For Today
Thank you. Ac

It is the intention of the parties to afford part-time employees the opportunities to be promoted to full-time positions.
This provision is not intended to limit the Employer’s program for the hiring of minorities, women, veterans and others.

Part-time employees who meet the eligibility requirements of the applicable Rider or Addendum may request, in writing, for hiring into permanent full-time openings. A list of such requests shall be maintained in the Employer’s Personnel Department and a copy of such request shall be given to the employee.
An employee who fails to qualify for a full-time position within a classifcation shall have his/her name replaced on the list in his/her rightful spot and shall be given an additional opportunity to qualify for a full-time position within that same classifcation, six (6) months after the date he/she was disqualifed. This six (6) month waiting period shall not be applicable to the flling of a full-time position in another classifcation. An employee who is granted a second opportunity to qualify and fails to do so shall have his/her name replaced on the list and shall be granted additional opportuni- ty twelve (12) months after the date he/she was last disqualifed and continuing forward in a like manner.
Failing to qualify in this period, the employee shall return to his/her former classifcation without loss of seniority. When an employee is disqualifed, the Employer shall notify the Local Union of the reasons for the disqualifcation. Any disputes arising out of this Section shall be subject to the grievance procedure.
An employee who disqualifes himself/herself other than for good cause shown shall not be allowed to place his/her name back on the same full-time list sooner than twenty-four (24) months following the date he/she last disqualifed himself or herself.
A part-time employee who qualifes for full-time employment shall be placed on the appropriate full-time seniority list with a seniority date as of the frst day of full-time employment but shall retain his/ her seniority for fringe beneft purposes in accordance with the ap- plicable area or local Addendum or Rider.
A part-time employee who is attempting to qualify as a full-time package car driver shall not be automatically disqualifed as a result of a minor accident during the training period."

Under my rider we post a list in May for the whole year, then another in October for anyone who missed the one in May. They pull from that list in seniority order.
They have to exhaust the list before putting up another one. If you didn’t sign it, you are SOL until they put up another one.
but if the list only called for 2 then all they can hire off that list is 2 right

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Thank you. Ac

but if the list only called for 2 then all they can hire off that list is 2 right
If the posting was for 2 drivers, and they get their two drivers, then that posting is done. They may train a few backups in case someone washes out or doesn’t make their 30.

542thruNthru

I'm assuming he's in North Carolina