Driver Release

bill413

On my 3rd day of driving alone (unqualified as of yet) I dropped a package in a 2nd-floor end of the hallway apt after the office staff wouldn't accept to sign for the delivery. I'm guessing I should have info noticed the package instead of the unsecured 2nd-floor location, thoughts?

Rack em

Made the Podium
Yes you should have Not In 1'd it and left an info notice, but as long as it didn't get stolen and the customer gets it there should be no problems.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
On my 3rd day of driving alone (unqualified as of yet) I dropped a package in a 2nd-floor end of the hallway apt after the office staff wouldn't accept to sign for the delivery. I'm guessing I should have info noticed the package instead of the unsecured 2nd-floor location, thoughts?
Why wouldn't the office sign?

You delivered there before?

What else happened?

Sheeesh

bill413

The lady said "we don't hold packages". Yeah delivered a few times without issue but this was a larger package of pots and pans and couldn't hide it

Fuzzy Brown

Why wouldn't the office sign?

You delivered there before?

What else happened?

Sheeesh
FedEx Ground and Amazon have ruined it for us by not attempting the apartment first, instead they just go straight to the office flooding them with packages generating work for the lazy office staff.
There are very few if any offices in my area accepting packages for residents.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
FedEx Ground and Amazon have ruined it for us by not attempting the apartment first, instead they just go straight to the office flooding them with packages generating work for the lazy office staff.
I can see that...

My few big complexes are also my best bathroom, lunch, weather, nap stops.

I make it easy on them to the point they don't even know I'm there.

Unless it's an artsy farts building...

I leave nothing in the hallway.

WTFm8

If the building required a code to access you can leave it at the mailroom or apartment door.

No code = Unsecured = No DR unless it’s a SurePost or DIAD prompts that you can.

charm299

I deliver to a storage unit, they have us get keys for each individual unit from the office to deliver to each unit

542thruNthru

As long as it wasn't signature required you're fine.

nWo

Don't take it to the apartment office. Take it to the individual apartment. Knock and hand it to the resident. If nobody is home then release it. Unless you don't feel safe releasing it there.

21Savage

Done for what? If it's indoor apartments that's a secure release.

You guys get sig required for every apartment delivery or am I misinterpreting the comments? If I did that I'd be out past DOT every day with the amount of apartments without lockers that I have.