Driver School...Now Integrad too?

Hola, amigos. I started at UPS nov 18' as seasonal driver and completed the required week long driver school before starting. Fast forward to present and ive done 2 more peak seasonals driving as well as pt local sort since sep 1 19'. I won the bid for air driver and now they want me to attend integrad. Is it required that I attend integrad for a pt air driver position when I've already done the previous driving school?

542thruNthru

Hola, amigos. I started at UPS nov 18' as seasonal driver and completed the required week long driver school before starting. Fast forward to present and ive done 2 more peak seasonals driving as well as pt local sort since sep 1 19'. I won the bid for air driver and now they want me to attend integrad. Is it required that I attend integrad for a pt air driver position when I've already done the previous driving school?

Are you being paid?

Then I don't see the problem.

542thruNthru

Hypothetically, what if he failed Integrad? Then would it be a problem if they wouldn't let him drive, even though he's been doing it already for a while?

The issue is the only driving he has done is during peak . They'll let anyone drive during peak.

The company wants him to go to integrad and they'll pay for it then he needs to go. It's part of qualifying in most areas. It's the way it is. Just like before this contract. In my area everytime you took a different driving position you had to pass your 30 days qualifying. Even though you'd been driving for years you still had to do it. Some guys would get in a accident and wouldn't become FT but would still be driving as a cover driver.

It's just the way it is.

The issue is the only driving he has done is during peak . They'll let anyone drive during peak.

The company wants him to go to integrad and they'll pay for it then he needs to go. It's part of qualifying in most areas. It's the way it is. Just like before this contract. In my area everytime you took a different driving position you had to pass your 30 days qualifying. Even though you'd been driving for years you still had to do it. Some guys would get in a accident and wouldn't become FT but would still be driving as a cover driver.

It's just the way it is.
Actually I should have elaborated on everything I've done driving wise. When last summer peak ended I was asked to still call in every morning in case they needed anything and surprisingly I was asked to do about 35 regular pickups on a route somewhat close to the center then usually deliver roughly 5 or so misloads and/ or go prehit a large volume pickup to help someone out. After about a month of doin that after summer peak one day the onroad sup came up to me and said I wasnt able to do anymore driving, not even the shuttle. Then 2 days later he came to me to sign a paper so I could start back up and told me to start using 5c paycode when I punched in for cover driver.

542thruNthru

Actually I should have elaborated on everything I've done driving wise. When last summer peak ended I was asked to still call in every morning in case they needed anything and surprisingly I was asked to do about 35 regular pickups on a route somewhat close to the center then usually deliver roughly 5 or so misloads and/ or go prehit a large volume pickup to help someone out. After about a month of doin that after summer peak one day the onroad sup came up to me and said I wasnt able to do anymore driving, not even the shuttle. Then 2 days later he came to me to sign a paper so I could start back up and told me to start using 5c paycode when I punched in for cover driver.

It's all about check marks. If something happens they have to be able to show their boss "yes he was trained properly. He went to integrad." To my knowledge there is no language about integrad in the contract. If you wanna drive. You got to go.

I'm not the type to make something such as this an issue or complain about it to management. I strictly have had the yes sir can do attitude with a smile even when they say grab your ankles and the Kenny g starts playing so myeah intergrad? So be it

542thruNthru

I'm not the type to make something such as this an issue or complain about it to management. I strictly have had the yes sir can do attitude with a smile even when they say grab your ankles and the Kenny g starts playing so myeah intergrad? So be it

We all had to get pushed around in the beginning. Just do as they say and once you make it then you can start making waves.

bddaddy

If you ran a route after peek season or summer coverage, you're already a driver. Your 30 days are up and you have seniority from the first day you were called back.