Driver Survey Total Service Plan

ThePackageDeli

As a reminder, the 3 things Carol said are coming down the pike are:
1. New Leadership Framework.
2. New Training Programs to elevate our technical acumen.
3. Work-Life Balance.

browned out

How about fixing ORION by addressing the safety issues that were identified by IE before the system was implemented? It could save a few kids' lives who are riding their bikes or are playing on sidewalks this summer. It would save dozens, if not 100s of package car drivers from unnecessary heat exhaustion and heat stroke. Heck it could even prevent package car drivers from dying from the heat while ORION has them inexcusabley searching for a 5001 section envelope in a 130°+ blazing hot cargo area when the truck is still bulked out.

UPS is aware. The profit/loss equation is invariably figured into every decision UPS makes. Lives lost and injuries have a $ amount on UPS' books. UPS fully understands and gleefully acccepts what the "costs" of ORION are.

Last edited:

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
How about fixing ORION by addressing the safety issues that were identified by IE before the system was implemented? It could save a few kids' lives who are riding their bikes or are playing on sidewalks this summer. It would save dozens, if not 100s of package car drivers from unnecessary heat exhaustion and heat stroke. Heck it could even prevent package car drivers from dying from the heat while ORION has them inexcusabley searching for a 5001 section envelope in a 130°+ blazing hot cargo area when the truck is still bulked out.

UPS is aware. The profit/loss equation is invariably figured into every decision UPS makes. Lives lost and injuries have a $ amount on UPS' books. UPS fully understands and gleefully acccepts what the "costs" of ORION are.
Same thing I think about when the city designs narrow streets and neglects tree trimming service. They are intentional decisions that save lives but you won't hear any sympathy when a driver comes back with broken tree branch or car mirror. I have to plan out whole sections of town on how wide the streets are and the likelyhood of hitting a stationary object. The distance I walk as opposed to drive increases day-by-day. But the ideological error still is haunting, especially if somebody were to come back with an unnoticed accident.